Coyote got his deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by StrungOutOutdoors, Oct 10, 2019.

1. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Score 1 for the yotes.

2. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    That why you don't hunt when it hot. That way if you cant find it you got a chance of not ruining the meat

3. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    That why you don't hunt when it hot. That way if you cant find it you got a chance of not ruining the meat. Plus you don't shoot in low light conditions and always make sure of your shot before you take it

4. StrungOutOutdoors

StrungOutOutdoors Spike

Jul 22, 2018
    Ga
    I agree. Ive only hunted once this season cause of the record heat. But I don't think it was as dark as the camera made it look. Avg cameras have a hard time in low light, so they tend to look darker than they are. He has bow hunted only for the last 10 years and this is not typical for him. Bound to happen if you hunt enough imo

5. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 10 pointer

Yeah you guys get off the high horse, just about everyone will lose a deer at some point.
    And hey, record buck was taken on a 93-95 degree day. You hunt when you hunt.

barney and xbokilla like this.
  6. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Your just full of good quality information. Kdfwr must not agree with you though so thats too bad.

barney likes this.
  7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I’m not the biggest fan of hunting heat these days; however, don’t rule out those coyotes on a cold quick track day either. A few years ago, my cousin shot a doe with his crossbow late season with probably 30 mins of light left. Shortly after his shot we heard a huge commotion and coyotes going crazy. Had to be at least 5-6. My dad and I came out and went to help him find his deer. He showed us which way she ran and said he felt like he hit her good. Sure enough, she went down the hill toward a creek and coyotes had startled her and even hurt they ran her back up the hill and into a cedar thick where they attacked. It was dark and we knew what the result would be. Armed with only crossbows we just came out. I walked into that area midday a few weeks later, a couple bones and a few pieces of hide was all I saw.

8. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Hunter smarter not if people would have more tracking dogs the Kentucky department of fish and wildlife need to put a list a tracking dogs on the website but there not smart enough to do that the rather people not find there deer

9. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    Means you need to start coyote hunting and carry a pistol

10. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    I am the fish and wildlife don't care what we think. Our opinions don't matter to them. They aren't to smart

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  11. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I was taught you only kill what you eat :D

dirtstalker, Meatstick and Ataulbe1 like this.
  12. deerhunter24

deerhunter24 8 pointer

Mar 4, 2009
    Bracken County
    You never tried coyote?? It's really good . Plus I tan the hides and make things out of them

xbokilla likes this.
  13. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 10 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Barren county
    You ever tried making a clown suit out of one. You need to.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  14. mallardkiller

mallardkiller 8 pointer

Dec 27, 2008
    KY
    I donate all my yotes back to nature and buzzards...

JR in KY likes this.