coyote breeding season

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by spears08, Jan 16, 2009.

1. spears08

spears08 Spike

Nov 28, 2008
    Falls Of Rough, Kentucky
    I was wondering if coyotes tend to let their guard down during the breeding season , like whitetail do during the rut? My hunting buddy and I were talking about this yesterday , neither one of us new for sure so I thought I'd ask some of you more seasoned yote hunters.

2. coon hunter

coon hunter Spike

Jun 15, 2008
    Brownsville KY
    Well when your on the Trail of a RED HOT woman what do you think about LOL Yes hey only have one thing on there mind.

3. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

They do become more agressive but they do not let their guard down. The coyote that runs today lives to run tommorow. That is their motto and they stick to it. You make a mistake and your toast!! Jimmie

4. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    It seems to me that every year when the yotes get started into the breeding season, there is a period of slack activity in the daytime. It makes me believe that a lot of their breeding activity goes on at night, like most of their other activity does. Then that all changes after a couple of weeks, and they start really responding to female invitational howls. This could have something to do with the males and females who have not yet mated up wanting to get established in that regard. Can't prove it, but my experience tells me it is true.

5. gravescohunter

gravescohunter 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2008
    graves co ky
    if they let their guard down its when they stop breathing.