Coyote Bill

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by Buford, Feb 21, 2013.

1. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    I think the reporter tried hard, but wasn't aware of the contradictions in the article, just like 90% of the public. You know, like the ones that think coyotes are eating all the pheasants in Kentucky.

2. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I was at EKU from 77 to 81. Had a wildlife biology class. Teacher told us then that coyotes had crossed the Mississippi River during the bad winters of 77 and 78.

3. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    This isnt Texas or Colorado! If you believe what you see on a video that took forever to make youve been had. All its going to do is make people who couldnt kill a coyote feel like they are great hunters and make it harder for them to be killed in the long run. Not everyone that owns a farm is going to like night hunting and will ring the phones off the hook at fish and game, eventually they will get tired of it after some drunkin idiot kills someones pet or live stock, which IMO wont take long. We have alot of idiots in Ky that shouldnt even hunt during the day time.

4. buckfever

buckfever 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2002
    Harrods Creek Ky, USA.
    Exactly!!! That's why bowhunters are pushing to move the deer modern rifle season back into December where it will minimize the damage!!!!

:) :)

5. cityslicker

cityslicker 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2010
    Hart county
    First off, I ain't 'been had', I know all about making predator hunting videos and realize how long it takes to get that footage. Second, I have experience night hunting in Indiana and there's no rampant poaching or livestock being shot. How are farmers going to be affected unless they allow someone to hunt? If someone trespasses and hunts without permission then that's a totally different issue. Why do people keep saying that it's going to be nothing but a bunch of drunken idiots with lights and guns out there shooting pets and poaching deer? I agree, there are plenty of idiots out there, but just like with the gun control stuff going on now, that shouldn't affect law abiding folks. This law will allow someone like me more time to hunt because I'm on a 3rd shift schedule. For those of you who don't like it, good then stay home...

6. hotdog

hotdog 8 pointer

Nov 23, 2005
    Pike Co.,Ky
  7. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    Why wouldn't they have just walked across the bridges?

8. Bowhunter.35

Bowhunter.35 8 pointer

Jul 2, 2012
    Louisville
    If this bill passes, all it will do is give spot lighters and poachers a reason to be out and about late at night shining a light.

9. Jimmie in Ky

Jimmie in Ky 12 pointer

We've always had a poaching problem and it was worse before we got the light laws passed. They wont read the laws and know that they must be in the field. It will be just like it was when we had no lights at all for night hunting of coyote. Once they found out they could hunt at night they used lights anyway and got it brought to an end.

As for loosing livestock, it do happen. They do not see a diference in eyes, they shoot. So bad at one time I put stock up at night. Was raising sheep at the time and had more trouble from poachers than I ever did from coyotes. And you would get more time for killing the poacher than he would for stealing your stock!!! Jimmie

10. richief

richief 10 pointer

Jun 20, 2012
    down a holler SE KY
    I believe they said it will not run during Deer season. So I am looking forward to this for the off season, to get out on a friday night with my kids and blast some dogs. I welcome all the oppurtunities that are allowed to us, the more the better.

11. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

Told my 11 year old about this and he is already pressuring me to buy gear. If this gets passed I foresee some late nights with the boy.

12. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    We may have been wrong but we used to try night huntin' back in the 80s. We would pull out into a big field and run the caller from the backof the truck.

We never had that much luck but coyotes are alot thicker now also.

13. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I dont think it will make a bit of difference in poaching activity..Poachers dont need an excuse to be out there, thats why they are poachers..Ive hunted in other states that have yote' night hunting and it didnt affect them to any larger degree(according to family and other hunters)..
    besides, you'd be supprised at how many people mistake wild dogs for yotes killing livestock and game..Ive trapped all my life and can tell the difference in sign and track..Plenty of farmers never believed me until I collared wild dogs coming in under their fences trying to kill kid goats or calves..Sure yotes do it too but wild dogs take thier share..Wild dogs are a big nuisance here in Eastern,Ky..

14. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Foxs are stupid ive kicked them off my boot and had them come back after i turned the call back on. I dont think it will work to well on coyotes, im sure some will get killed that way but not many.

15. huntmadd

huntmadd 8 pointer

Oct 2, 2003
    Henry,Kentucky, USA.
    I am not for this at all more trespassing issues and people spotlighting your fields and free for all for poachers more for land owners and fish and wildlife officers to worry about and don't seeing this to help much at all trapping is way more affective.