Coy Wolf

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by coysmoker, Jan 27, 2014.

1. coysmoker

coysmoker 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2010
    Boone Co.
    Has anyone seen the show on PBS's Nature Series about the "Coy Wolf"? Pretty interesting stuff. It is has been running several times.

2. Very good info on that show. Learned a few things that might help me whack one or two more down the road.

3. rackstacker

rackstacker 6 pointer

Aug 28, 2011
    I saw it last week on KET and really enjoyed it. I was unaware about the urban population in places like Chicago. Very interesting.

4. possumal

possumal 10 pointer

Jun 21, 2007
    Nicholasville, Ky.
    That stuff is going on in lots of towns with the people not even being aware of it. A coyote will live in your back yard if you don't bother him, if he is finding things he wants or needs there.

5. I saw the last half of the Coy-Wulf special while working out at the gym this weekend. It was only the 2nd time I had heard of these. I am familiar with coyotes living in urban locations. I have traveled a lot with my work the last 5 years and was living in NJ in 2010 when coyotes traveled thru the Lincoln and Holland tunnels from Jersey into Manhattan NYC. The beautiful people were appalled. A year later, I was living in LA in California and routinely would chase little 25lb coyotes down the street in the mornings on my bicycle while working out in the mornings. I was up in the deserts in the Mojave as well as down in the Tucson, AZ area and would occasionally spot one standing beside the highway.

I find it interesting that Chicago, the city in the USA that may be the most anti-gun ownership, is getting overrun by predators, (coyotes, coy-wulf, and 2-leg vermin), lol.

Irish

6. coysmoker

coysmoker 6 pointer

Feb 23, 2010
    Boone Co.
    I lot of people think they are just dogs when they see them in urban areas.

7. Coyote_Commander

Coyote_Commander Spike

Nov 25, 2013
    Manchester, Ky
    City folk, geez.

8. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Good show I thought. Helps explain why our coyotes are generally larger than the western coyotes. Its not just about food and habitat.