Covert MP6 Black, Extreme Black 60 SD Card Size/Brands?

bullet225ho

6 pointer
Oct 25, 2004
Crooked Creek
Just ordered a couple of Covert's and I'm looking online for some good deals for SD cards. My question is......Has anyone experienced issues with any certain brand of SD cards and the Coverts?

I have a couple of different cameras now that you can NOT swap the cards between the two or they won't "see" the card. And I've also seen where some cams don't like certain brands...PNY is one that seems to come up.

Also....what are you folks running for video? I got the black 60 for HD video and don't want to run out of memory. Sometimes I can't get to my cameras for up to two weeks. I know that it will take a 32gb card. any brand to use?....I don't see any recommendation on covert site.

What's the limit on the mp6 black? I see 16gb but I think that is for 2012....did this change for 2013?

The mp6 will be used for regular photos or possibly time lapse over food plots.

Thanks for ya'lls input.

Covert HQ

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2012
Logan County
Just ordered a couple of Covert's and I'm looking online for some good deals for SD cards. My question is......Has anyone experienced issues with any certain brand of SD cards and the Coverts?

I have a couple of different cameras now that you can NOT swap the cards between the two or they won't "see" the card. And I've also seen where some cams don't like certain brands...PNY is one that seems to come up.

I recommend getting 2 cards for each camera you own and labeling the cards to match 1 camera and only using those 2 cards in that camera. This is important if you own multiple brands of trail camera. I run mostly 8 GB SanDick SDHC with no issues

Also....what are you folks running for video? I got the black 60 for HD video and don't want to run out of memory. Sometimes I can't get to my cameras for up to two weeks. I know that it will take a 32gb card. any brand to use?....I don't see any recommendation on covert site.

I suggest 720P and keeping the videos 20 seconds or less. Night videos are hard on batteries. Once the night videos start to run shorter than the set time it is time to change the batteries. As far as brand that shouldnt be an issue but I would recommend a class 10

What's the limit on the mp6 black? I see 16gb but I think that is for 2012....did this change for 2013?

There was no MP6 Black in 2012 so 16 GB is the max recommended for the 2013 MP6 Black

Thanks for ya'lls input.

I'm a Yankee so I would be more of a you guys than a ya'll :highly_amused:

bullet225ho

6 pointer
Oct 25, 2004
Crooked Creek
Thanks for the info folks. I had never paid attention to "class" on an SD card. Makes sense now. Now I'm all digging into wright speed and download speed of cards to maximize performance.

Addicting stuff. Very fun to say the least though.

Hopefully I can get you guys some good pics from my Coverts when they arrive.

hunt-4-life21

12 pointer
Sep 26, 2007
Butler Co.
Never had bad luck with any cards other than PNY's. I've had more than one PNY not work with the camera. Sandisk are always good cards.

I recommend getting 2 cards for each camera you own and labeling the cards to match 1 camera and only using those 2 cards in that camera. This is important if you own multiple brands of trail camera. I run mostly 8 GB SanDick SDHC with no issues

I suggest 720P and keeping the videos 20 seconds or less. Night videos are hard on batteries. Once the night videos start to run shorter than the set time it is time to change the batteries. As far as brand that shouldnt be an issue but I would recommend a class 10

There was no MP6 Black in 2012 so 16 GB is the max recommended for the 2013 MP6 Black

Thanks for ya'lls input.

I'm a Yankee so I would be more of a you guys than a ya'll :highly_amused:

What he said

Latest posts