Covert cam messed up

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by woodsandwater, Aug 25, 2015.

1. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

I never said I had a problem with the customer service, it was fine. My cameras are not under warranty to qualify for free replacement. Please reread my post as to the issue I have with the repair or lack of.
    What did I say to make you think I was not nice and that I dont have a positive attitude?

2. K9trapper

K9trapper 12 pointer

Dec 7, 2006
    I have several coverts and have had several replaced. I also have several Reconyx, and I have no idea who their warranty guy is, never had to replace one. Nothing more aggravating than waiting two wks and seeing "no image" on the Covert screen. That's happened about 5 times this summer on different Covert cams. I can eventually get them working but I shouldn't have to work on them all the dang time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Shaine1985

Shaine1985 12 pointer

Jul 11, 2012
    your moms
    One of my Coverts has a lil moisture in the viewer screen but other than that I'm very pleased with Covert

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

4. LungBlood

LungBlood 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2010
    Florence
    That moisture will eventually lead to a ruined camera.

5. Shaine1985

Shaine1985 12 pointer

Jul 11, 2012
    your moms
    It's still under warranty, I'll send it back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

6. 150PandY

150PandY BBBC Members

Sep 9, 2004
    Frankfort, KY, USA.
    I think mine is doing the same thing. I havent put them out yet this year but i remember having some issues with it the end of last year.

7. woodsandwater

woodsandwater 6 pointer

Aug 20, 2008
    I sent them a message on there website and got an email back saying send it in and they will fix/replace it. But I don't want to send it in just yet cause I'll be down a camera. It took pics last time I checked it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

They said they would repair or replace it and it is out of warranty? I did both the email contact as well as contacted them by phone and both said they would just offer a discount on a new one. No repair offered.
    Interesting.

9. Muzzy Moment

Muzzy Moment 8 pointer

Sep 8, 2011
    Eastern KY
    Mines been working good til a few days ago was mad thought that it had screwed up again the. When I get to it I realize the elk had pulled loose and Broke the cable to my booster antenna. So I had to order a new antenna

10. woodsandwater

woodsandwater 6 pointer

Aug 20, 2008
    I don't know if it's out of warranty. I think it's only 1 year old. But anyways they just told me that they would send in a warranty authorization for me to fill out and send it in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk