Covert Blackhawk

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by Ginsenghunter, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    Went in and registered, downloaded the app, turned the camera on, took a picture, but it
    stalls on step 2 when trying to send it and says login failed.

Is there something else I need to do?

2. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    OK I am waiting on Verizon to activate it.
    Before I put it out, do you guys do instant send or do you have it send 30min or an hr intervals? Any difference in battery life?

3. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    Had a beer with Joey one evening last week and he told me to extend the battery life you can change the remote control setting from Real time to a longer interval. I put mine on 24 hr because I have no interest at this point in being able to tell it to take a picture and you can change it back anytime you want. This change seems to have improved the battery life which isn't very good at the moment if you leave it set on real time. I'm talking about ATT cameras but I would imagine the logic applies to the Verizon as well.

4. peaker

peaker Fawn

Aug 7, 2015
    Any feedback on the blackhawk yet? I have been looking at them as well. Really want something using verizon where I'm at but haven't been able to decide what to go with. Thanks

5. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    OK. 1 more question. I went to Walmart and they were out of ultimate lithiums, so I put regular duracells in it. I put it on the tree on the 22nd. I received 32 pictures until yesterday. I pulled the card. There were 55 pictures on the card.
    I put out some corn for the first time and got 105 pics to the app last night.
    I received 160 pictures to the app and the camera is dead. Is this normal? 7 days?
    It is in an urban area within sight of a tower and full signal.

6. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    What do you have the remote control set on? You really need to be using rechargeables or lithiums but no matter what you use you can extend the battery life by changing the remote control setting to anything other than Real Time. The longer time you set it for the less often it pings looking for commands from you. I have all mine set on 24hrs. I'd expect a set of new regular Duracell to get you no more than a couple hundred pics over a week or less and they will be dead. Sounds like that's what you are seeing. Get the right batteries and change the setting and you should be able to get at least 750 pics across 2 weeks or better. I just put out one yesterday on corn with covert rechargeables, solar panel and set on 24 hr. I'll be interested to see how long it can go.

7. Ginsenghunter

Ginsenghunter 10 pointer

Jul 5, 2010
    On the line
    I did get one yesterday that made me go throw some corn out. I just wish I had gotten lithiums beforehand.
    [​IMG]

Jarhead likes this.
  8. EarlyBird1

EarlyBird1 8 pointer

Aug 4, 2014
    SouthCentral KY
    Yea that's a good un