Could be a bad winter.

cedar creek

10 pointer
Sep 7, 2014
Winter as we used to know is over, past 5 years hadn’t been much of nothing, 70 degrees Christmas days and maybe a little cold snap in January early February but warming back early in March, going to be 95 this week, not normal for late September but is becoming new norm

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
We have a large persimmon tree located in front of the lodge, and if you are familiar with old wives tales you know what this picture means! 🥶

The tales goes if you cut a persimmon seed in half you see a knife, fork, or spoon and it will predict how winter will go! ❄️

We cut open two and we got spoons in each, meaning lots of SNOW this winter 🌨 Enjoy these late warm summer days! 🥴

#LCSRP #jtky #kytourism #kystateparks #lakecumberland

I haven't heard that one. How does the rest of it go? What does the knife and fork supposed to mean?

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
Winter as we used to know is over, past 5 years hadn’t been much of nothing, 70 degrees Christmas days and maybe a little cold snap in January early February but warming back early in March, going to be 95 this week, not normal for late September but is becoming new norm
I think it has a lot to do with our Sun. Seems like the weather has acted-up more often since the late 1970's.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I always heard different. Knife means you’ll eat meat all winter. Fork means you’ll eat vegetables. Spoon means you’ll be down to broth.

Latest posts