Corruption in KDFWR worse than EHD!

Discussion in 'Welcome to KentuckyHunting.net!' started by Chrispbacon, Oct 13, 2017.

1. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    But as the laws are, The Hunter/hunters were hunting in a legal location, Bevin may not have liked where they were hunting, but it appears it was 100% legal.

2. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    It appears the COs chose not to make an issue of it.
    I can promise you if I could prove shots coming into my property, it would get illegal real quick.
    You don't need a CO for that. The Sheriff will be taking over.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  3. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    Not to me. There were several legal ways to remedy the situation. Baiting someone else's property then sending a CO down (who had to stand and wait for a phone call before he could even tell the hunter's where the bait was) to run the hunter's off wasn't one of them.
    Suspending and punishing honest CO's for not going along with the cover up is much worse than the original baiting issue. Destroying evidence to hide illegal activity was much worse.

gdb and bondhu like this.
  4. pentail

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    Two federal and two state CO's all stated the hunters were at a safe distance and facing away from the house. I can't speak to what other hunters had done in the past, but it appears the hunters in question were doing so legally

5. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    The CO and his friends was/were/are supportive of the hunters in this situation. I got that from your team. That's all fine and good, but it doesn't describe a completely objective situation either.
    I would have the sheriff stand in my backyard with me one morning when there was hunting going on. It would be real easy to figure out whether shot was coming through the trees. If so, problemo moves swiftly to court. If not, no problemo.

6. pentail

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    So you are completely OK with law enforcement management strongarming CO's to break the law?

gdb likes this.
  7. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    You are correct about the corruption Pentail and the baiting , but the discussion back at 13- 14 changed to hunting on public adjacent to private property ( homes). This takes it down a whole different path.

8. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    No need for the cover up lecture, nobody has disputed any of that ever.
    Youre confusing the CO's not citing them, and your opinion that if they were good with it, and Keith's good with it, then it was automatically legal all around.
    Maybe, but that's not the end of it.
    One pellet hits his yard and it's over. Maybe his yard is out of range(it's not). Maybe you don't like that fact(don't care). But if a duck load was fired within 250 yards of his property(it was) then there is a danger to him on his property.
    It aint pretty, it aint nice, and it aint fun, but I will bet your friend, Frankfort Lobbyist Keith Meador all the buttons he can eat that no one will be hunting there next year.

9. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    You may not like the Hunter hunting that close to a dwelling, but it apparently was within legal regulations.

You keeping bringing up possibilities and what if's, like the possibility of a pellet hitting Bevin, his house, or his yard.

Did the CO's find evidence of a pellet entering Bevins property?

10. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    No, I'm simply arguing for the sake of trying to split this hair, or define the law, or understand what and who is protected here.
    In my opinion, sending shot into someone's property without their consent would be hard to understand how that's legal.
    That's the entire point of my argument.
    We really don't know if shot was going into his property or not. We only know the CO's chose to let it lie.
    If it could be proven definitively that shot was not entering a neighbors property. No worries.
    But I keep hearing "he shouldn't have built his house there", "We've always hunted there", and I'm like WTH???

EdLongshanks likes this.
  11. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    I said it 5 pages ago.
    I don't really care what happens here.
    Is it, or is it not, legal to fire a weapon where projectiles enter a neighbor's property?
    That's my question.

EdLongshanks and barney like this.
  12. pentail

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    Spare me the lecture on what-ifs. My main concern is that KDFWR law enforcement management broke the law, attempted to cover it up, then punished honest COs for not going along with it. The Commission has a history of this sort of thing, private blinds at Ballard, WMAs being closed to legal elk hunters while commissioners and their friends elk hunted. All I'm saying is this is much bigger than duck hunters next to a house. For that matter, why didn't he just call the sheriff? Why break the law then force state COs to do his dirty work?

Dark Cloud, gdb and barney like this.
  13. BigPete

BigPete 10 pointer

Sep 7, 2007
    Whitesburg, KY
    Was there Shot being sent to someone's (Bevin) property in this case?

If there was, why would the CO's not issue a violation?

14. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Youre arguing with yourself.
    In 16 pages I have done nothing but state the inappropriate actions of all involved. Especially Bevins.

15. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    It's still a he said/she said in my view. I don't claim to know where the shot landed, but a duck load can go almost 250 yards.
    I'm comfortable that the authorities will figure it out. I just don't think this is over yet.