Corruption in KDFWR worse than EHD!

Discussion in 'Welcome to KentuckyHunting.net!' started by Chrispbacon, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    Already happened. Discharge of firearms prohibited in city limits. I don't know about the Frankfort ordinances, I would think there is something similar there.

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Wow. I'd find it hard to believe anyone over 50 hasn't lost a dozen or more spots to subdivisions already, be it duck, rabbit, or deer hunting.

3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Things change everyday.
    Im under 40 and have lost several hunting spots in Boone county alone due to subdivisions and development. :rolleyes:

carnivore likes this.
  4. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Hunting ground east of the Mississippi is shrinking by the day.

5. Buford

Buford 12 pointer

Mar 15, 2006
    Zone 1 bachelor heaven
    Yep, I've lost em all. And was shot at a few times defending them. But it never occurred to me to get on the internet or a radio show to complain about it. Nor did I ever even consider that my desire to shoot ducks trumped their property rights, like Fowler seems to imply. And I guess that's what bugs me about all this. The OP and the guy on the radio want you to think they are champions for the officer in question. Not really, they just wanted to bitch about losing their spot. It showed through like the transparent attempt it was.
    If you really wanted to scoop the department for their treatment of the officer, you could have skipped all the stuff about your right to shoot into someone elses property and just narc'd on the department for their treatment of the officer.
    I have 100% confidence that if the officer was wronged, he will be made whole and then some. And it wont be because the OP and Bacon added his plight to theirs.
    Bacon said he hunts this spot every chance he gets. Radio guy said he lost his spot. I guess somebody is confused.
    ...and here we are a day later, and what about shooting into someone else's property?
    Crickets...
    I thought so.

6. Varmint shooter

Varmint shooter Fawn

Nov 27, 2017
    Northern Kentucky
    Well, for a forum that started out about corruption in KDFWR it sure turned into a train wreck. Everybody that hunts has lost hunting ground to development and its sad! It's also sad that we want to argue about things He said or She said, when we didn"t see any of it happen or how accurate any of the info we have is. Urbanization is going to kill the hunter if we let, to sit and argue about it is to our own demise. Just a thought to small game hunters { squirrel} and bird hunters how many of us can honestly say, without a doubt that you haven't sent a load of shot or even a stray 22 into someone else's neighboring property while hunting? I 'm not perfect , I can't. As for discharge of firearm in city limits is the said subdivision in city limits? I don't know that much about the area around Frankfort. This forum has gotten totally out of hand on the subject.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    gdb likes this.
  7. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I am not for having golfballs, bullets, or birdshot landing in my yard... i could give a rats ass about my woods. If i had livestock in jeopardy i would have a problem with that part of my property too. I would normally argue birdshot is harmless but (given the property is uphill from the hunters) i wont in this case.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  8. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    There's a YUGE difference between accidental, and deliberate ignorance.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  9. bondhu

bondhu 12 pointer

Jul 3, 2015
    Battle Run
    Now I understand what Lone Waitie meant. " Endeavor To Persevere"
    Just as the Indians, we will slowly be pushed to WMA's until a politician feels the need to build on it.
    Some will resist but progress can not be stopped.:D

10. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    Didn't appear to be a good or legal spot anyway. Anytime you shot a duck, if it did not land in the creek, you would be trespassing. Not to mention all the hazards of the homes, roads, campsites, and etc.

I have known a lot of idiots over the years and a story for each one. 1st one comes to mind, this guy had permission to rabbit hunt a hundred acre farm. The neighboring landowner did not like him and did not want him messing around his place. What does this dude do? Instead of hunting the rest of the hundred acres, he chose to hunt the fence line, of course his dogs get on this other guy. The landowner catches one of the beagles on his place. He did not hurt the dog, but all the drama could have been avoided, if the hunter did the right thing to begin with.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  11. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    Here is another one, kinda similar.

Picture this, a house right beside a pond, the property line cuts through the pond. These guys decide to duck hunt, because they have been seeing all these birds using the pond. The next morning, right at daybreak, the two girls that live in the house fifty yards from these idiots, were awakened by a volley of 12 gauge shotguns. The girls go outside, to see what is going on. These guys tell them, we are legal hunters and have permission to be there, we are going to hunt. (Sound familiar). Anyway, once the law got called, the guys were told not to come back, the girls had pet ducks they feed. You can't hunt around live decoys, which I thought about this incident when I read the Frankfort creek stuff. This one could have been avoided too, had the guys considered they are putting their blind right on the property line from two girls in a house on the bank of a baited pond with live tame ducks. A total disregard for important things a hunter needs to take into account. Bottom line, have some respect for other people.

Alright, I'm done. This whole thing has been silly to even keep messing with, I find myself checking it periodically to see if there is anything new. I need to move on, just do the right thing. Merry Christmas!

carnivore and barney like this.
  12. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Agree.

This is the underlying issue that I foresee in this subject. Which were focused here on duck hunting ... change that to dove hunting, deer or small game.

Which a centerfire, muzzleloader or even a 22lr has more range. Anyone shooting up in a tree at a squirrel has no idea where the bullet is going to land or would it be considered shooting onto someone’s else property.

To me it’s an easy out to stop all hunting. The “what if’s” in hunting are great as is encroachment on huntable lands in this state. We can be our own worse enemy on subjects as this.

Which safety is paramount ... the upmost responsibility of a hunter or recreational shooter. So don’t think I’m implying otherwise. This situation & location just screams move on to another area.. we shouldn’t even be discussing it.

Also from the images... the encroachment hasn’t happened overnight. Why no hunting buffer zone regs not implemented concerning structures is hard to fathom. Which common sense should prevail but it’s also why we have laws & rules in the first place.

I do however fear these subjects set precedent... adding fuel to the anti-hunting agenda. As hunters we simply got to use our heads.

gdb and bondhu like this.
  13. Colonel Mustard

Colonel Mustard Fawn

Nov 2, 2017
    Corbin
    I just heard that the repercussions of this cover up are beginning to roost.

gdb likes this.
  14. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Anything specific?

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I heard the hunters are facing charges :cool::p:):D Just kidding.

Snareman2 likes this.