Corn Prices 😡

thunderstorm

10 pointer
Dec 13, 2001
I am gonna put out about 150-200 lbs next weekend just so my girlfriend can get a decent shot on opening day. How long will that last 2-3 weeks? I honestly have no idea
The bears would destroy that in no time here. I would have pics of them laying/sleeping in it and then waking up and going at it again.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
Maybe he figured the ears were shorter than 8 inches? Not sure. Works out better for me I guess. Makes it cheaper per ear.
A bushel of ear corn would vary in weight due to moisture and cob size, but on average the measure equivalency is 2 to 1 on the cob to shell.

When I was a kid I would help a neighbor measure and load cribbed ear corn when he sold it. Filled the basket twice for each bushel sold.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
After experimenting with corn this year under my moms stand on her property. Dumped it in a pile, dumped it in small piles, shelled corn, whole ear. Nearest I can tell is that, on the cob lasts really well in a pile or spread.

The best is taking an ice scoop and slinging that kernel corn as hard and as far as you can. Two 5 gallon buckets lasted 2 weeks like that and the deer kept coming. They cleaned up the underbrush for me as well.

I had a trace mineral block there also, they hit it twice a day, everyday. 10 regular doe 2 bucks and a few that just pop in and out.

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Tractor supply and rural king are competing on several different things in my area and both will price match. Corn here at both stores is $9.99 all their other feed has gone down as well. Chicken feed, layer pellets or crumbles are $10.99 for 50lbs.
FB_IMG_1666113488816.jpg

Last edited: