Corn Prices 😡

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
My wife’s cousin let me pick some ear corn today. He figured what ear corn translated to shelled corn and said it should be 4 cents an ear. I picked three 100 pound sacks full and two 50 pound bags and it was 600 ears…. Yes I counted them as I bagged. Cost 24 bucks. Thought it was a good deal. He wasn’t going to charge me but I didn’t want to be a mooch that he didn’t want me to get any more.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
Y’all ever figure how much money you have in each pound of deer meat in feeding cost?

Just curious if it’s more cost effective than buying beef or if it would be more. My mom has a little corn pile. I told her she needed to kill at least 2, I bet she has $80 in it now. That’s a lot of money to me to “maybe” get meat.
This is how I rationalize it as well as I am a meat hunter. But for those who hunt for horns or just the enjoyment whatever floats their boat

keeruss8

8 pointer
Jun 19, 2016
Marrowbone
I was in the feed store yesterday getting winter wheat in Burkesville, their shelled corn was 9.50 a bag. A guy came in and just bought ear corn up 61, he gave 6 a bag. I'd said wildman got a hell of a deal.

keeruss8

8 pointer
Jun 19, 2016
Marrowbone
My wife’s cousin let me pick some ear corn today. He figured what ear corn translated to shelled corn and said it should be 4 cents an ear. I picked three 100 pound sacks full and two 50 pound bags and it was 600 ears…. Yes I counted them as I bagged. Cost 24 bucks. Thought it was a good deal. He wasn’t going to charge me but I didn’t want to be a mooch that he didn’t want me to get any more.
I'm guessing his math is a good bit off lol. Good deal for you

hunt

10 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
About $11 per 50 here now, I've not bought much lately though, acorns are King right now where I hunt

Last edited:

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
I am gonna put out about 150-200 lbs next weekend just so my girlfriend can get a decent shot on opening day. How long will that last 2-3 weeks? I honestly have no idea

keeruss8

8 pointer
Jun 19, 2016
Marrowbone
I am gonna put out about 150-200 lbs next weekend just so my girlfriend can get a decent shot on opening day. How long will that last 2-3 weeks? I honestly have no idea
Depending on how many deer you have around and what else they have to eat will have a lot to do with that. But I'd highly doubt that 200lbs would last much over a week in most places

Latest posts