Corn price

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Grago, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Grago

Grago 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Just wondered what you guys like best whole ear , or shelled i know you dont get as much actual corn on the ear but i can get shelled 5.50 whole ear 6.00

2. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

I never see whole ear corn but Sam's club had 40 lb bags on sale for 2.91 so I picked up a few for the late season. I normally don't buy it this time of year but it was an impulse buy. Figured I'd try to entice a few does into bow range.

3. rlb165

rlb165 10 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    IMO, shelled corn is pretty hard to beat. I tried ear corn a few years ago, and it just seemed too expensive for the amount of corn you actually got. It seems like I’ve heard that turkeys don’t like ear corn as well, but we’ve never really had a problem with turkeys eating corn on our place.
    The buck I took this year had several pieces of corn cob in his stomach.

Timholt70 likes this.
  4. Snareman2

Snareman2 12 pointer

Feb 25, 2007
    I get a truckload of ear corn. It weathers better than the shelled corn. Put out a pile and it dries out after a rain. The shelled can get moldy. Also, they work to get the ear corn, so you keep them hanging around for pics longer if you have a camera on your pile. It is way cheaper too.

jblack1 and barney like this.
  5. Grago

Grago 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Dang thats a good price 120 im done huntin and really cant afford to put much out. I been feeding these for a long time, started out with apples the end of July then went to corn first of October, But i have had a lot of enjoyment with this dang camera sending pics all time to my phone, hate not to put anything out and not be getting pics . We dont have enough turkeys to worry about them anymore and i only had 2 coons all year that came only one night I got my corn about 80 yards out in a field and we have a lot of Coyotes, guess the coons are afraid to get that far from a tree. We have a truck bed wagon we have fed 2 of those full and out now im just gonna put out a little at a time thought the ear corn might last a little longer but i have never messed with it just wanted you guys opinions

6. Grago

Grago 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2016
    Thanks snareman 2 i was typing when you posted this yeah all i want is to keep them around for pics

Snareman2 likes this.