• I am a boogaloo boi wannabe

• I am apathetic

• Biden is the president. Get over it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Marsh CallUser

12 pointer
May 20, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
How many of you all have contacted Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell and your district congressmen about the state of things in our great country? We can talk and complain all we want on social platforms, but if you have complained and done nothing about it, you are complicit in how this problem has manifested.

Contact McConnell. Let him know you are pissed. Contact Paul. Let him know his words without action are meaningless. Contact your congressman. Tell them to stop being quiet. If you all aren't willing to do that small thing, there is no way you will be willing to step up, otherwise.

....I am really unhappy with my state reps that as far as I can tell are doing nothing at all!!! Letting king andy dictate what ever he wants.

Their hands are tied the way our current state laws and constitution are set up. The new legislative session starts up January 4 I believe THANK GOD! Check out Representative Savannah Maddox’ prefiled bill to neuter the sob and any future wannabe kingshit tyrant. It may take a constitutional amendment to fix the goobernor being only one who can call an emergency legislative session.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=866397624163860&id=133768194093477

Here’s the text of her post for those who don’t do FB. It’s worth reading:

The 2021 General Assembly Session will begin three weeks from today, and much will need to be accomplished for the Commonwealth in a relatively short time frame. In addition to tackling a budget that will no doubt present a multitude of challenges, my fellow legislators and I will be tasked with reforming emergency powers, addressing the ancillary effects of COVID-19 on our economy and education system, passing the Born Alive Protection Act (which Governor Beshear previously vetoed), and a whole host of measures designed to put Kentucky back on the path to recovery. As I have done in previous years, I would like to provide a preview of the legislation that I will be presenting for the consideration of my colleagues.

On the subject of KRS 39A, many of you may be familiar with BR 130 which I pre-filed back in July. The intent was to restore an appropriate balance of power among the three coequal branches of government, and to ensure that never again are Kentuckians left without a voice during a state of emergency. I have revised this bill to include stronger safeguards against executive overreach, and to include additional protections for our basic individual liberties in light of the economy-crushing, unconstitutional mandates that we have been forced to endure over the course of the past nine months. Some of those mandates were overturned (the ban on in-person worship, interstate travel ban), and yet some have been reaffirmed by the Kentucky Supreme Court.

Although it is likely that a bill to reform emergency powers will be initiated in the Senate, I filed BR 130 as a House version with changes that must be made to KRS 39A. BR 130 has been revised to reflect the unwavering efforts of several of my colleagues, all of whom are every bit as determined to fix this statute the right way, right away.

Below is a synopsis of legislation that I have pre-filed. I will continue to provide updates on any additional bills once Session is underway, and will do my best to keep you informed as we fulfill the role that the citizens of our great Commonwealth have entrusted to us as members of the General Assembly.

BR 130 – Ensuring Basic Checks and Balances and Basic Liberties During Emergencies Act, REVISED:

-Upon the declaration of a state of emergency, the Governor would be limited to fourteen days in the exercise of powers enumerated under KRS 39A, including executive orders related to the emergency. Neither the state of emergency itself nor executive orders issued under KRS 39A could surpass this timeframe unless the General Assembly votes to extend them in Regular Session or Special Session.

-Imposes limitations on any Governor’s ability to seize or take assets, requires that compensation be provided.

-Removes the ability of any Governor to change “the manner” in which our elections take place, i.e. mail-in voting.

-Includes language preventing any Governor from circumventing these time limitations, by disallowing the declaration of a state of emergency or issuance of an executive order upon the same or substantially similar set of facts or circumstances without the approval of the General Assembly.

-Removes any Governor’s ability to suspend statutes or administrative regulations.

-Requires that executive orders issued under KRS 39A be narrowly-tailored, so as not to pose unnecessary burdens to Kentucky’s businesses or infringe upon civil liberties.

-Prohibits the restriction of activities which are protected under the 1st Amendment, including the right to worship in-person, and the right to engage in peaceable assembly.

-Stipulates that no governmental entity may use public funding or resources to enforce any use of emergency power that contravenes KRS 39A.

-Allows a citizen who is injured by a violation of KRS 39A to bring a cause of action in the county he or she resides in, or in which the injury was sustained.

BR 301 - Ensuring Bodily Autonomy and Informed Consent Act:

BR 301 seeks to ensure that Kentuckians have the ability to decide for themselves whether to receive a Coronavirus vaccine as it becomes available. Currently under KRS 214.036, the Cabinet for Health and Family Services has the authority to “require the immunization of all persons within the area of an epidemic”. BR 301 would amend this statute in order to preserve a citizen’s right to Informed Consent, which is a well-established standard among healthcare providers. Although the Governor has indicated that there are currently no plans to mandate the vaccine, it is important to define the proper role of government by removing language that allows for compulsory vaccination in this context. The intent of this bill is not to encourage nor discourage any Kentuckian from receiving the Coronavirus vaccine, rather to ensure that each citizen has the ability to make that decision in conjunction with their healthcare provider’s advice.

BR 931 – Ensuring Business Fairness During Coronavirus Response Act:

Over the course of the past nine months, too many of Kentucky’s businesses have been decimated as a result of the Governor’s mandates and subsequent shut downs. Restaurants and other food service entities have been hit particularly hard, some to the point of having to decide whether to go out of business by virtue of complying with executive orders, or stay open and face losing their business as a result of having their permits suspended or revoked. It is not the appropriate role of government to remove a citizen’s ability to earn a wage, or to prevent business owners and the folks they employ from providing for their families. Moreover, the inconsistent, unequal application of Coronavirus restrictions forced upon Kentucky’s restaurants and food service entities has generated an unsustainable burden and further contributed to the unfathomable backlog of unemployment claims.

For this reason, I have pre-filed BR 931 which stipulates that no permit issued under KRS 217.125 shall be denied, revoked, or suspended because the establishment, or its operators, failed to comply with any executive order, guidance, directive, or emergency regulation issued by the Governor or the Cabinet for Health and Family Services in relation to COVID-19. This provision would be retroactive, and would also apply to orders issued by local health departments provided they are solely related to COVID-19. Perhaps this bill should have been named the “If Gentleman’s Clubs Can Stay Open, Restaurants Can Too Act”, but there’s no sense in making light of a situation that has crippled the livelihoods of so many Kentuckians.

I am committed to helping Kentuckians weather this storm, and I stand ready to do my part to provide you with representation that works with you, and for you. I consider it a privilege to serve!

Last edited:

Wildcat

12 pointer
Jan 7, 2002
Ledbetter, Ky.
I have contacted every rep from KY district to Fed Senators. I just get copied and pasted responses. I am really unhappy with my state reps that as far as I can tell are doing nothing at all!!! Letting king andy dictate what ever he wants.

The virus has stopped me from what I used to do.

I used to go to all the local and state fundraisers, I met and TALKED to all my reps in PERSON and I never held back. I got double takes when I ask them all this question back in 2010, "What is it going to take for the American people to take back our govt?" They thought I was simply talking about Obama and I told them NO, but the AMERICAN CITIZENS getting their own govt back. I told them enough Americans out there were not as stupid as most believe and they did not like what was going on. Paul and Whitfield agreed with me, the others acted like they didn't hear or get my question.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
I have contacted every rep from KY district to Fed Senators. I just get copied and pasted responses. I am really unhappy with my state reps that as far as I can tell are doing nothing at all!!! Letting king andy dictate what ever he wants.

It's always a good idea to follow-up correspondences with phone calls. You would not send a resume to a potential employer without a follow-up phone call (same principle).

KYote-Krusher

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2006
South Central Kentucky
How many of you all have contacted Rand Paul, Mitch McConnell and your district congressmen about the state of things in our great country? We can talk and complain all we want on social platforms, but if you have complained and done nothing about it, you are complicit in how this problem has manifested.

Contact McConnell. Let him know you are pissed. Contact Paul. Let him know his words without action are meaningless. Contact your congressman. Tell them to stop being quiet. If you all aren't willing to do that small thing, there is no way you will be willing to step up, otherwise.

You're right and I'm guilty of not doing everything I should to stay on their butts.

When it became obvious what the left was doing soon after Trump was elected; I wrote 'em all and never got a response from any of them but Rand Paul and it wasn't what I wanted to hear by a long shot. So instead of peppering them with letters and calls I just let it slide and I'm still not sure it will do any good with reference to McConnell and Guthrie but I should be doing it anyhow ... screw 'em!

Thank you for reminding me of my duty, I'll get on it today. :cool:

baknblack

12 pointer
Jan 30, 2014
Henry County
I have many times and always get a canned response from all of them. The only exception is Thomas Massie. He'll generally answer you directly on Facebook.
Yarmouth is not my rep but, he did take the time to disagree with me, lol.

Marsh CallUser

12 pointer
May 20, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
Those of you who have contacted your reps, thank you! Those of you who are to complacent to do so, you are part of the problem, not the solution. I would urge you to be part of the solution. We The People must apply pressure to our elected officials.

Here is a message I sent to McConnell for the stimulus bill

This bill does not need to pass the Senate in its current form. Allowing billions to go overseas when Americans get a pittance of that is a travesty.

We voted you back into office for 2 reasons. Amy McGrath was extreme. And to put Kentuckians and Americans first. If you don't do that, you will have lost all credibility with your constituents in this great state.

Last edited:

Latest posts