Conservatives promise GOP will change when they take Senate

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by mrdux, Oct 30, 2014.

1. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    LOL - I don't have the time to waste "fixing" all your BS

2. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    LOL figure myself out that's rich. You make me laugh, you are really nothing more than a source of amusement and entertainment.

Mayes

3. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Fine by me

Besides Behghazi and a whole host of other "nails in her coffin" she is not liked as Bill WAS -(even many women hate her) but since you like quotes, here is one of HERS

Sure doesn't sound like POTUS material now does it??

4. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I don't believe this for a minute. Mitch hasn't changed his ways in 30 years, what makes anyone think he is going to do any changing now? He is an old dog that can't learn any new tricks.

5. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Matt, I don't really think that "is the point" at all, what really matters is HOW is ALG even helpful in this race (either to KY or the USA) even IF she were to win , she'd be a freshman Senator with NO real power, unlike Mitch who has the power now and stands to gain the real power (ousting Ole Harry who REALLY needs to GO ) .... Obama has no "checks and balances" as it is (see all the Executive Orders, directives and other ways he's been skirting Congress for how long now)

NO one needs to "like Mitch" to understand the reality here , some may wish to pretend though I reckon

6. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    I guess I will never understand why we the people can't get an official elected that will do the things we want them to do. I've heard "lesser of two evils" my entire voting career. Why does it have to be this way? Where are the people who are like we want them to be? Where are all the good candidates? I don't like either candidate, I don't think they stand for me, what am I to do? I HAVE to vote, so that is not an option. My voice WILL be heard, but on what? I'm disgusted with politics, I'm disgusted with our representatives, and I'm disgusted with how easy values and doing the right thing can be swayed by money and special interests.

7. I'm disgusted that in order to keep this witch out of office and to swing control of the Senate away from Reid, Mitch is all I have. That's the crappy hand we are dealt. Rand got it right in my book. The whole thing is good, but the 8:25 mark on is where he gets into the GOP brand sucks. I agree 100% with him, because there are a lot of younger millennials out there who are willing to work hard and support fiscal conservatism, yet are turned off by conservative points such as the drug war. The image of the old, rich, white guy party must be shed, regardless of its validity.

[video=youtube;g_6yyGo1XeY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_6yyGo1XeY[/video]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  8. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    Then what is the problem there Sunshine.....you should be happy happy happy.

9. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    I guess you missed the LOL.

Mayes

10. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Some folks get totally lost with sarcasm and irony - ironic ain't it :highly_amused:

11. mmayes

mmayes 12 pointer

Aug 2, 2005
    Near Aintry
    LMBO No Comment

Mayes

12. sacmarata

sacmarata 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2014
    there
    My sentiments exactly! We should all be disgusted but I will say it's just the way it is, at least for this election. I sure hope by the time my kids kids are old enough to vote that there will be some kind of massive reform to all 3 branches. There should be a massive referendum to look at and vote on all the powers that congress has. Theres legislation out there thats been voted on without even being reviewed! Folks voting themselves raises and calling it "ethics reform." the whole thing is a joke.

13. aceoky

aceoky 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2003
    W KY
    Well, FWIW

I believe the GOP will take the Senate and keep control of the house; hopefully that will cut back on the Executive orders etc. that being said

Frankly I don't see anything major changing , the old saying "power corrupts" seems to be the rule of the day- I'll be shocked even IF they repeal Obamacare, (a major promise)

I'd love to be wrong, hope that I am but the older I get the more cynical I become, the less I trust these power hungry yahoos; Soras and his bunch have more power than the entire Congress of the USA - how that was allowed to happen is terrible but seems to me to be so- it saddens me for my children and their children deeply

14. mrdux

mrdux Guest

Two words can solve every bit of this as well as most of the issues in this country--- T-E-R-M L-I-M-I-T-S. If the Constitution has to be amended to get them, so be it. The election process is so crooked now that term limits thru voting the bastards out will never happen. The GIMMEDATS will see to that.

15. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    We are definitely on the same page with this issue. We need term limits for all positions of government representatives.