Community Forum

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by HuntressOfLight, Jun 26, 2020.

Should this section be renamed?

1. YES

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. NO

19 vote(s)
    86.4%
  1. thunderstorm

thunderstorm 8 pointer

Dec 13, 2001
    It's been the Community Forum for over 20 years now. I think it has worked just fine.

2. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I like The Big Blue Lodge. :cool:

What makes anyone believe "community" suffices, when plenty of synonyms for such exists, and in reality, the word "community" has not even existed for very long?

3. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    I can make a valid argument that the now, unfortunately, common use of the word "community" within the tech world is nothing more than a progressive liberal move, being that "usenet" was the term long before it; regardless, Daniel Boone probably wouldn't recognize either word.

4. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    "Chat Room" sounds too girly. How about "Nonsensical Rantings Group"?

5. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Now, that has great potential, indeed. I like your way of thinking, Reivertom. The only thing is that "Group" is as redundant as "Forum". I mean, who decided to add the word "forum" to this section of the website and why, when every last blasted section is a forum, yet not designated as such? Adding the word "forum" is like calling a "cheese sandwich" listed upon a restaurant's menu a "cheese sandwich food", while leaving the word "food" off of every other edible item printed upon the restantant's menu. One and more could easily interpret such an insult to the intelligence. Who did it? Not one soul has fessed up, as of yet. They must have simply copied something off of the original software, a developer's default setting, perhaps, and nonsensical, at that. Where is the logic behind it?

"Nonsensical", I like that word. It flows well. What do you think about "The Nonsensical Forest"? I like "Forest" better than "Woods".

While at it, we could rename the political section, "Deliberations of the Delusional".

6. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 10 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    deliberation of the delusional should’ve been your name on this site. Maybe we can talk to the site moderators and have them change that

7. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Meh, "Your Empress Regnant" suffices.

8. High Rack

High Rack 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2009
    in the hills
    We could create one just for you and call it....Special needs forum, that way , you could post till you couldn't post no more , without having the rest of us having to skip through your drivel.

9. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    No offense intended, of course dear man, but this word game may be a tad bit beyond your deductive reasoning capabilities, High Rack. The word "forum" has already been mentioned, as well as proven illogical, but I shall break it down, just for you. Why is simply because I can be a kind Empress Regnant at times.

You may notice that there currently exists a heading called "forum", at the top of one page. Beneath such exists three subheadings which reduntantly state the same, and why is beyond my comprehension. There exists a "crossbow forum", a "community forum", and a "test forum"., and "Forum questions and help". Answer me this riddle, if possible; why do those four subheadings beneath "Forum" reduntanty contain the word "forum", whereas none of the other subheadings beneath "Forum" do so?

10. beauhunter41031

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    You make a good point empress retardant. The crossbow forum could probably be edited by the moderators however community forum just has a nice ring to it and for new members or one’s unfamiliar to the site Guides them directly to the most active page with open discussion.

You must realize empress retardant that most people including the moderators of the site live busy lives, they have jobs to do and other Obligations they simply do not Walk around in circles all day talking to themselves while researching And uncovering Insignificant flaws within a Kentucky hunting website inwhich she has lost all credibility on and the strong majority of members view as being mentally ill

High Rack likes this.
  11. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Well now, see there, Sir BoBo? Actually, such depends upon whether that specific privilege has been enabled to our wonderful moderators, by our wonderful Admin, and you do not know whether such priviledge has been enabled to all or even just one of them, now do you? Of course you do not. I seriously doubt that any one of them would let you in upon that little secret, either. :p

Regardless, you have conceded to a revamp of the website, for organizational purpose alone, because words do matter. Such is why many people disrespect Pig Latin and Ebonics, for instance. Additionally, some of us do have the time and mental capacity to muse about words.

12. beauhunter41031

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky

Slow it down, slow it down empress. Your attempt to put together that last paragraph in such a distinguished manner was successful but probably lost some of your functioning brain cells for the Rest of the day

13. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky
    Well, they began at 3:30AM, and being highly nocturnal many more hours exist, with them becoming even more sharp.

14. beauhunter41031

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    That’s usually what alcoholics say, you on the juice empress ?

15. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Kentucky