Color Blindness glasses

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by xbuckeye, Sep 28, 2019.

1. xbuckeye

xbuckeye Fawn

Sep 25, 2013
    Anyone tried any of the latest glasses that supposedly help you see blood?

2. mac0492

mac0492 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2013
    My son is color blind to a degree. Can’t see reddish colors. We bought an expensive set of glasses for color blind people. All the reviews said they worked great. Some of the videos portrayed it as if making a blind person see the people were so dramatic. He tried them and now never wears them. They are basically sunglasses with tint that make everything look a little more red. So other colors no longer look the same either. Everything looks pink. Pretty sure they cost us about $250

barney likes this.
  3. bullet225ho

bullet225ho 6 pointer

Oct 25, 2004
    Crooked Creek
    I have a pair that my 9 year old got me for fathers day last year. He thought it would be neat if I could see color.

I'm red/green and red/brown color blind. Annotated in military entrance medical exam.

Him and his mother bought a pair online from Amazon. They were from a company in PA. They are black plastic and shaped more like reading glasses than sun glasses. When I opened them I kinda chuckled a bit and put them on. This was inside the house and really didn't pay attention to things and then quickly took them off and thanked them.

The next day I had an appointment to run up the road about 30 miles. As I was pulling on the interstate I remembered my glasses and put them on. The first thing I noticed was a RED 18 wheeler going southbound on 75. WOW was it red. And then I noticed how bright green the signs on the interstate are, how bright yellow the highway lines were....I for the first time could see the difference between the yellow light and the red light on a traffic light.

Now, like the response above....my family members have put them on and they say the same thing....Everything is pink. it's just a red tint on the glasses. Maybe that's true for someone that can see color. I'll tell you it doesn't make anything look pink to me. I'll sure as heck have them with me while hunting as I have never been able to see blood either and I know these have to help (especially in daylight)

Also, I can take a color blind test online and fail and then put the glasses on and pass.

https://pilestonecolorblindexperts.com/products/pilestone-tp-012-color-blind-glasses

4. xbuckeye

xbuckeye Fawn

Sep 25, 2013
    So many reviews out there with mixed opinions. And there are major price differences when looking online at the different brands. Decisions, decisions. Thanks for past and any future responses.

5. Recurve77

Recurve77 10 pointer

Aug 7, 2012
    My kids bought me a pair a couple of years ago and they all made it a point to be there when I experienced seeing certain colors for the 1st time. As I began to put these special color blind glasses on, I was fully expecting to see what I had never seen before and just knew I would start crying when I experienced these true colors. Nothing, I mean nothing changed. We were all so disappointed. I don’t recall the particular brand.

6. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    My father in law is color blind. Worse than anyone I've met. Might have to get these for him for Christmas. I had no idea there was anything like this out there.

7. xbuckeye

xbuckeye Fawn

Sep 25, 2013
    That had to be a huge disappointment.