College and your kids

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by carnivore, May 21, 2020.

1. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    Let it go. Love her. And slowly chip away at the bullshit they pile on. Its just group think. The day she pays taxes and competes in the workplace she’ll come back.

reivertom, Bee, clarkjo and 8 others like this.
  2. standsitten

standsitten 8 pointer

Mar 20, 2011
  3. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    I'm not sure what part of college you're referring too but my younger brother says everyone of his professors in all his classes are as liberal as they come. They feed him every kind of left wing thing you can imagine and over 3/4 of the class are in agreement. Other than that part, he enjoys college pretty good.

4. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    You didn't say Which college, not that it makes much difference. These Left wing radical professors have really changed American society. This is about the 3rd generation of indoctrination and it has been pretty effective.
    Maybe she will sort things out for herself someday, but while she is in college she will have to toe the line or she will be failed in her classes.
    College is about necessary now but it's a bad thing to send your kids to and they come back as a bunch of Liberal Bernie Voting Democrats.

5. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    Man, you're so right. I think you was referring to the OP about which college but since you quoted mine I'll tell you my brother's college, Morehead State University. Yep, its even happening in the stick colleges not just the metro colleges.

standsitten likes this.
  6. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    “Republican before 30 you have no heart Democrat after 30 and your not very smart.”They get lost and hopefully come home as far as their thought process. Professors are brainwashed they have zero I mean zero real life experience. No clue only read it in a book and studied theory. They teach our kids so all are lost. Like I’ve told my kids get as much and best education you can but don’t believe everything stick to who you are and what you believe. Education will help but to have real success takes grit and unrelenting determination. Most people want success but not what it takes to get it.

7. kyhunter99

kyhunter99 12 pointer

Dec 21, 2014
    Probably in the kitchen Ky
    Young people tend to lean left anyway, then as they get older they start heading towards the right. Its always been that way. Except now too teachers are younger and younger--so now more teachers are lefties than ever before. Plus universities are in larger cities and now almost every person goes to college, urban/high density areas tend to go left... it infects them.
    But I agree with the above posters. Give her time and they eventually figure it out.

standsitten likes this.
  8. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    I have nieces and nephews goin thru same crap. 2 things will happen to bring them all back to reality. Paying taxes and having kids.

standsitten and carnivore like this.
  9. east_ky_hunter

east_ky_hunter 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2010
    East Ky
    From my own personal experience, the struggle of life brings you back to reality eventually.

Don't have children but I did go to college and unfortunately bought into some of the liberal B's being fed to me for a bit.

10. Ataulbe1

Ataulbe1 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2017
    Estill County
    They say college challenges your beliefs. Wrong. College tells you everything you thought you knew was wrong, you were just too stupid and uneducated to know it. You better 100% know what you believe and why when you walk in to a college classroom. And be ready to defend it. At least that was my experience 15 years ago. Can't imagine what it's like now.

11. Bee

Bee 10 pointer

Mar 14, 2005
    Doesn't matter whether it is in college or elsewhere, you better be ready to defend your beliefs against some of the craziness of the left at all stages of your life. Making sure your children know from an early age that "free lunch" is a fiction that is a curse on all Americans.

standsitten and Winchester94 like this.
  12. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Back up almost 40 years & try being a CONSERVATIVE Eastern Ky hillgirl sitting thru class after class of professors telling you how ignorant and helpless the Eastern KY people were and how it was "our duty" to help educate them..... From what I see, that attitude hasn't changed much. I knew it was b.s. even back then but lots of folks drank the Kool-aid. And a lot are still drinking it today.

My daughter came back from college a flaming liberal. Bernie Sanders was her IDOL!!!! Free college!!! Free healthcare!!!! Free everything!!!!! Especially if you're gay or an illegal!!!!! Everyone deserves everything FREE!!!!!!! I think/hope/pray she's finally starting to see the light but it's been a trying few years of listening to "You just don't understand how it is today....." No, young lady, you haven't experienced real life in the real world so until you do, you keep your opinions to yourself!!!!!

Thank God my son didn't fall for it & some of his professors were even worse than her's. He just learned to not wear his NRA gear on campus because it could result in a butt-whoopin and being called out as a "killer" in class.

***Sigh*** At this point, I can't even say I'd care if the whole "higher education" system here in the US fell apart.

timer, standsitten, JR in KY and 3 others like this.
  13. Drahts

Drahts 12 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    This is why it's so important to teach them intensely about the founding fathers, and how this country was started. Those men and what they sacrificed and what happened to many of them after the Revolutionary war. Teaching them the Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights. What they mean, why they wrote them the way they did. A child going into College with the understanding and definition of those documents and how this country was created, will have all the ammunition they need to clearly see the lies they push. Back in my days of elementary and junior high we could depend on the school system to teach these, but nowadays the Libtards push their offended and oppressed agenda against the docs. It's our responsibility to better prepare our kids for this and teach them.

14. Campfire

Campfire 6 pointer

Oct 24, 2019
    Camp
    This is why the best thing we can all do is what we are doin. Show them nature. Take them hunting and fishing. There are no free lunches or free anything in nature. Animals live and fight and provide for themselves and their family. What America was founded on fight for your rights your family your country. In nature the weak die tough lessons but it is the natural way of things. You either provide on some level or your moved out of the way.

standsitten and Winchester94 like this.
  15. rcb216

rcb216 12 pointer

Sep 25, 2005
    Robertson Co.
    I’m trying to talk my son into a vocational/learn a trade school. He is interested in welding right now. So I’m pushing that.