Coal heating the country

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drakeshooter, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Hilltop Hillbilly

Hilltop Hillbilly Fawn

Aug 8, 2014

Attached Files:

2. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    All the elite jerks that impose sanctions on our energy, will never have to suffer due to their bad laws. Their mansions will always be well heated and cooled.

3. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    OH so right you are.

4. ABLongbow

ABLongbow 6 pointer

Aug 10, 2018
    Morgan County
    On 60 minutes the other day Bill Gates said he is dumping billions into nuclear energy that should give you an idea of where our energy supply is going

5. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    I have never noticed a solar panel or wind turbine on the whitehouse. I think they should live off grid first.

TripleGee, 00noturkey and carnivore like this.
  6. ABLongbow

ABLongbow 6 pointer

Aug 10, 2018
    Morgan County
    Green energy is just a way for the Democrats to funnel money to their buddies

Carl, TripleGee, 00noturkey and 7 others like this.
  7. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    An they get a Kickback from the deal

Carl, TripleGee and barney like this.
  8. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I would add that the MS media should be required to depend 100% on solar and wind. No power = no propaganda/“news” that day

Carl, TripleGee, PUBLIC RAT and 3 others like this.
  9. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    That would break the trend

Carl likes this.
  10. 00noturkey

00noturkey 12 pointer

Oct 31, 2011
    High Grove
    The Green New Deal, turns people Blue. :(:(:(

Carl, TripleGee, drakeshooter and 2 others like this.
  11. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I’d like to see some of these politicians ,have to walk the pastures ,for cow patties to burn in a fire place to keep warm.The coal has been shut down, they’re going to get the oil and gas next ,next they’ll make it against the law ,to cut firewood on your own property.

Carl, 00noturkey, PUBLIC RAT and 2 others like this.
  12. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    If Biden gets rid of coal hundreds if not thousands will die. Hot summers and cold winters.
    I work at a relatively small (340 MW) but very vital coal fired power station and we are balls to the walls right now maxed out. Found out how tight things were nationwide during the hard freeze recently as substations going offline sent power surges through our ID fan which tripped it which took both units offline. Had to do a thorough check if ID fan and subsequent systems before doing a hot startup. Got several calls from the big dogs asking how soon, how soon? Found out later that the system was 7 megawatts away from having to shed some lines for system integrity. We hit line ASAP and evidently saved the day. Fixed that pesky trip scenario by the way

JR in KY, Dark Cloud and 00noturkey like this.
  13. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    I am a unit operator in a power plant. We have one 455 mw coal unit left, two older ones being decommisioned 2 years ago (117 mw and 180mw) at our plant we have coal, natural gas turbines, hydroelectric, and solar, the 3 hydros being the oldest built in the 1920’s. Our $37 million dollar solar farm at peak performance puts out 10 mw on a perfect sunny day, our antique hydros can do 30 mw anytime. Due to the misleading of the media, most common folk believe the 10 mw solar farm replaced the 297 mw’s of coal we retired. EPA regs closed the 2 coal units, the solar farm would not begin to run the equipment on those 2 units. I fear someday, we will need them

JR in KY, TripleGee, Carl and 3 others like this.
  14. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Henry County
    Ha, fusion is the future, Lmao. Been hearing any day now for the last 50 years. No closer to ignition than we were 50 years ago.

TripleGee, Carl and 00noturkey like this.
  15. raidergson

raidergson 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2010
    Garrard County
    The news media should cover and post accounts like yours as informative general knowledge, for the simple sake of what journalism should be, especially during election debates, not picking sides, as truthful information will prevail, but, as of now, we can just hold our breath.