CNN and Jim Acosta suck

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ojibwa62, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
  2. aaronc

aaronc 12 pointer

Jul 21, 2009
    Leitchfield
    If CNN is the Ass-crack of the national media.....then Acosta is certainly the hemorrhoid. He's been headed toward some sort of altercation for sometime.
    Whatever happens to him he owns it.

3. KYote-Krusher

KYote-Krusher 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2006
    South Central Kentucky

You missed my point .... I'm not talking about beating the crap out of reporters in general or even people you just happen to disagree with; I'm talking about how we have let ourselves become so pussified that when some azzhole absolutely needs and deserves a good 'ol fashioned beating to shut their ignorant, hateful mouth up, we're all too scared to do it because WE not THEM, are the ones most likely to get into trouble due to all the slime ball lawyers out there looking for any kind of job they can pounce on and the prevailing attitude like you're talking about, that we just need to coolly "talk" and "reason" and "be nice" and they will eventually come around to the "civilized" way of doing things.

BS!! That's one of the many things that has gotten us into the mess we're in now. There comes a time when a smart @zz like Acosta just needs a damn good butt kicking if for no other reason than he thinks nobody will do it and he can say or do anything he pleases.

AND .... I'll give you proof positive that I'm on the right track .... look down at the bottom of your post and see who gave it the only "like". :D

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  4. Interesting and the press corps cheered.

5. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    And now CNN and Acosta are sueing the president and several others for violating his Constitutional right , mainly the 1st and I believe the 4th.. I am sorry Mr Acosta but you do not have a right badger and stir up crap and at preidential Q&A.

6. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

That is total BS.

Nowhere does it say in the Construction that he has any right to ever be inside the White House. The 1st doesn't have anything to do with him, CNN can still come in but NOT Acosta. It's no different from banning one single individual instead of a whole team. If the whole team was banned then they would have a case.

The 1st does NOT give the press a right to just do anything at any time. If the press was after you because you are in the news they can come to your door and knock like everybody else but you do not have to say anything to them at all AND once you tell them to get off your property they must stay on the sidewalk.

While the White House is "the people's house" it comes under the rules of the Executive branch. The President CAN ban anyone from the White House as long as he's in office. To say the White House cannot do that in a "public place" is saying the same thing that the Judges cannot keep reporters quite while the Court is in business, like everybody else they cannot just talk out loud, ask questions or talk into a camera. All that is up to the Judge.

In the Capitol, which is a public place, in BOTH Houses they each have a visitors galley above the floor. Nobody, NOBODY, has a right to ever be up there, not ever the press. They are there at the pleasure of the House and Senate, each has their own set of rules the visitors and press MUST follow. Both CAN be removed at any time the Chair orders them removed.

CNN and Acosta is full of crap!!!!

KYote-Krusher and ojibwa62 like this.
  7. grouseguy

grouseguy 12 pointer

Actually, he does.

Plus, FOX has now joined CNN in the suit.

8. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    No, he does not. While I disagree completely on how Trump and the White House handled it, there is no Constitutional right to be in the White House. No sane federal court will find any precedent that says otherwise.

barney, KYote-Krusher and ojibwa62 like this.
  9. ojibwa62

ojibwa62 12 pointer

Jul 1, 2018
    NOTW
    FOX has a dirty little secret it's no better then CNN , MSNBC or any of the other major outlets.. The press briefings don't even need to happen they we're started by one of the worst presidents ever Woodrow Wilson, and quite frankly should be done away with if this is how the "media" is going to act.. No one has a constitutional right to be in the whitehouse other then the president and his cabinet. Acosta wasn't even asking questions he was Bloviating and self aggradizing himself.. You are supposed to ask questions not make accusations or be confrontational.. Also technically they did not revoke his press pass as Acosta claims, they temporarily suspended it..

10. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    I disagree with how the POTUS handled it as well. There for a second when he bowed up, and walked from behind the podium I thought he was going to handle it the way it SHOULD have been.

KYote-Krusher likes this.
  11. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    No he does not. None of them do.

None of the networks give a damn about Acosta, they worry about themselves and they don't want this to happen.

If ANY of these reporters were to stand up and "debate" a judge in a Court of law, in "A PUBLIC GOV BUILDING", they would find themselves in jail. If they did the same thing in either Houses of Congress they would have been thrown out and banned from there. What is different with the White House??????

Obama threw a reporter out. As did FDR, Truman, Johnson and Nixon. ALL of those presidents won.

barney likes this.
  12. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville

Rules and laws do not apply to Liberals

drakeshooter and barney like this.
  13. grouseguy

grouseguy 12 pointer

Why would you say that?

What laws do I not have to obey simply because I’m a liberal?

14. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    The smooth transition of power comes to mind.

drakeshooter and Carl like this.
  15. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Not you. The liberal politicians are the ones that get away with murder. You are just a pawn being suckered by them.

barney likes this.