CMA's more like LOL's

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wampuscat, Aug 5, 2014.

1. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    The formula for this modern country crap is going to wear out soon. There's only so many songs about tailgates and brown legs and flip flops and "Hey Girl" that you can sell.

I can listen to about anything that involves some musical talent, so that leaves FGL out right away.

2. yote hunter

yote hunter 12 pointer

Oct 30, 2004
    bullitt county
    Do you mean this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I

3. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    Speaking of Jamey Johnson, he put on 1 helluva show at 4th Street live last Thursday night. Was on stage for 2 and a half hours I believe. I like a little rock in my country so I agree with Eric Church and Aaron Lewis.

4. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Of all the shows on tv like american idol the voice its almost always the country singers that make it big after the show is over. It seems to me like alot of people are useing country music to get there foot in the door and then start drifting to something else. FGL started out alot more country than they are now and all there new stuff is straight rap.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Waylon Jennings is one of the best artists of all time. FACT!!

6. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    George jones was the man.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

7. TripleGee

TripleGee 12 pointer

Sep 13, 2003
    Somerset
    Hey, this younger generation don't have the heart of True Country. To be true to themselves they need to be singing about passies, pullups and sippy cups. Danged kids ruining everything. Ain't a one of them suffered enough to write about it and sing with heart.

Should go like this: "She broke my heart so I broke her jaw...' "Now I'm in trouble with the law." "The judge gave me 5 to 10, it'll be a long time before I drink again."

See, a song's gotta have true life value. Broken hearted and sober, now that's sad!

Ya'll old farts know what I mean.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  8. WaterDog88

WaterDog88 10 pointer

Jul 28, 2008
    Kentucky
    Modern country's demographic is girls 13-30 and they eat this crap up. Tailgates, spring break, and flip flops sell music. Us guys don't buy/download enough music to warrant songs about getting wasted, fightin, and your woman getting pissed at you. All about the money.

hell most of these guys look like they get their hair cut at the same place my wife does..

9. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    I like me some Brantley Gilbert, his music has an edge. I also love Johnny Horton, Bill Monroe, and Patsy Cline. Classic Rock and 80's hair band Rock is great, but no RAP. Who want's to hear bloobity [email protected]#$% Homie crap? Each to their own I guess, I mainly listen to talk now anyway.

10. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    Holy Crap! That is exactly what I'm talking about. So it isn't really just me that feels this way...

This "Bro" country taking over the airwaves today is just formula crap by dirt road retards that couldn't sing their way out of a paper bag. This stuff is just today's version of bubblegum pop design to make little girls squeal.

11. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    What a bunch of sissies. "Its got to tell a story"...."the words aren't deep enough"....blah, blah, blah.

Go watch the news or read a book then, or have someone read it to you like mommy used to. Give me the beat and some banjo and I'm happy. Who cares what the words are? I listen to escape the world's problems not hear about them in a song. I honestly don't even hear the words and that's the way I like it.

Maybe when I'm old like you guys it will be different but for now....give me somethn' that makes momma want shake it for me! :D

12. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Im with ya. Give me something with a beat so i can shake a leg.

13. reivertom

reivertom 12 pointer

Dec 17, 2007
    Greenup Co.
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  14. Wampuscat

Wampuscat 10 pointer

Apr 10, 2009
    Louisville
    Im not anti-all of it. I think Eric Chuch has a unique sound. i like a little rock in there. But i dont want them ALL to do it. Jamey Johnson is old school and is awesome. Luke Bryan out there singing about high school chicks and frat party stuff. He's about 40 years old married and has 2 kids. HANK DIDNT DO IT THAT WAY.

15. scoffman

scoffman Spike

Oct 27, 2011
    Love me some Johnny Cash:eek-new: