CMA's more like LOL's

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Wampuscat, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Wampuscat

Wampuscat 10 pointer

Apr 10, 2009
    Louisville
    The wife stumbled across this and I got stuck watching it...holy crap country music is flat terrible. Hick-hop garbage. Florida Georgia line? Florida and Georgia should sue them for defamation.

Except Miranda lambert...she's an angel.

2. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    Ill bite. I like Florida Georgia line. Like there new song Dirt pretty well.

3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    No offense, but a friend and I use that song as a punch line. It's terrible!!
    "makes you wanna put 10% down, on a white picket fenced house....on this dirt"
    Makes my ears bleed.
    Garth brooks ruined country music. It's a struggle to find good and new country music these days. Almost impossible.

4. Mainbeam

Mainbeam 12 pointer

Jul 7, 2012
    no offense taken. I like alot of music. I can go from Johnny Cash to AC/DC to Tupac lol

5. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I agree. If it's good, I like it. Doesn't matter which genre.

6. riverboss

riverboss 12 pointer

Jan 26, 2009
    northern ky
    Rap and country together just isnt country. Florida Georgia line isnt country music its garbage.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

7. stevenvalleyagain

stevenvalleyagain 10 pointer

Aug 15, 2005
    Valley station
    I thought I was the only one. I ride around on my mower all day listening to the Waylon Jennings channel on I heart radio...then switch to scarface or Tupac.. but don't want them mixed.

8. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    I flipped to it a couple times. I did like Zac Brown band with Ritchie Sambora From Bon Jovi doing wanted dead or alive.

9. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04 10 pointer

Dec 14, 2010
    Lexington, KY
    I hate Florida Georgia line so much, all country today basically sucks and i like a variety of music but not new country.

10. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    Ages are being shown thru this thread, lol

I'll take FGL and ZBB any day over that yodeling/crying nonsense of yesteryear!

11. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Ill agree, all except for tupoc...I draw the line at rap..I even like some classical stuff. Love Irish folk and Gaelic music..

12. Wampuscat

Wampuscat 10 pointer

Apr 10, 2009
    Louisville
    Fgl is poop. Big pile. I try. I used to like jason Aldean until he went hillbilly rap artist.

Country music should tell a story. Now they sing one stupid catch phrase, (trucks, girls, mud, dogs) and beat it like a drum. Looking at you Brad Paisley.

13. redrivergar

redrivergar 6 pointer

Sep 24, 2011
    What's more country than,( trucks, girls, mud, and dogs? I've tried listening to the old school country and it is crap. Crying in beers and wife leaving? What's up with that? I really like FGL. I can relate to the stuff they sing about. I listen to all different genres except old country. It depresses me.

14. Capttrae

Capttrae 12 pointer

Apr 2, 2012
    More country is songs about mamma, trains, trucks, prison, rain and gettin drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. SmokeShow

SmokeShow 10 pointer

Nov 11, 2013
    Well I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison and I went to pick 'er up in the rain. But before I could to get the station in my pickup truck, I got run over by a danged ol train!

Admittedly though, I like modern country just fine. It's certainly not like traditional country nor even country of the 90s (my fav) but its still fine. Lately I've taken a real liking to Jamey Johnson, Aaron Lewis, Eric Church and folks making music similar to that. Wear out a Jamey Johnson station on Pandora. But, as I said, I also have a Colt Ford station on there and don't mind him or the Lags, other crap (country rap) etc. In general, I like any music with good beat/rhythm and/or a good message. I'm not real wild about old country like Hank Williams, and old waylon jennings with all the slow and depressing BS. Nor do I like the screaming metal music either. I generally don't like the metal stuff because 1) can't understand them (wayyy worse than rap) & 2) lyrics/messages are horrible and about things that I'm just not comfortable with.

If I'm not on my Jamey Johnson or one of the two christian rock (Pillar or Skillet) stations on Pandora, I listen to 590AM (central ky) or 107.1 (Air 1) 95% of the time. I might flip through 92.9, 98.1 and 104.9 (all three country stations here) from time to time if I'm not on any of those and even more rare I'll hit 100.1, 100.5 or 103.3 for rock.