Club Aluminum...

Discussion in 'Food Preparation, Camp Cooking and Recipes' started by Lady Hunter, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Slobear has asked for pics of my Club cookware. These are the pieces that stay in the kitchen for regular (if not daily) use along with my cast iron.

I've added to the green set since my last pic & have even more duplicate pieces in the basement:

[​IMG]

And I'd like to get a couple more pieces of turquoise to go along with the extra lids I've got for this set:

[​IMG]
    The little deep pink covered skillet is pretty neat too.

And I sure wish I could find the whole harvest gold set I used to have. Could have sworn it was in a cabinet in the basement but it's not there now. I'd stopped using it & the green when I got a flat top stove many years ago before discovering that all the hookey about "you can't use this & you can't use that" is bull****. When I threw out the Revereware, the green was right where I remembered leaving it but the harvest gold was gone.

There are also a few "strays" down in the basement that aren't in the best of shape (a few yellows & whites if I remember correctly, even one green that has the handle to the lid attached by a screw & washer....). I plan to move them out to the camper after we get our new truck and can get it all outfitted for it (tie downs, extended hitch so the boat can tag along behind us, etc.).

bigbonner and slobear like this.
  2. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
    I use one just like the one top left in second picture to cook my peanut butter roll in. That is the only one I use for making candy.
    It is thick aluminum and the only one I use to cook the syrup in . I pour it out slowly into another kettle with the beaten egg white .
    My wife beats the whites as I pour he syrup.

slobear and Lady Hunter like this.
  3. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Yum! The heavy base really makes a difference when making candy!

bigbonner likes this.
  4. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    Fine collection.

5. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Really nice cookware