Close Enough...Think you could hit this one

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Duster, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Old gal likes her picture taken but her twins not so much. About 10 foot away a few minutes ago when they came for their afternoon snack.
    [​IMG]

davers and elkaholic like this.
  2. Drahts

Drahts 10 pointer

Apr 7, 2015
    KY
    Needs another year!

bigbonner likes this.
  3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

LOL she is at least 4. Been a regular that long and always brings her kids along each year. Wife says she is off limits. :D

JR PORTER likes this.
  4. OLE RASPY

OLE RASPY 8 pointer

Sep 9, 2018
    Ky
    How you know she’s at least 4. She got some markings on her that’s destinct or something

5. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Yes she does. Couple places if you know what your looking for. She brought one fawn the first year and twins since. Wife names the regulars and you can pick her out easy by some dime size spots of white hairs on the other side in the picture. Wife calls her patch. She just calls the twins my kids so far. As in your kid's and Patch are out front in the yard waiting on you to give them some deer candy.. :D
    Got to make a Rural King run tomorrow and pick up another 50 lb bag of corn and bird feed. I gave them the last of the bag I had this afternoon, shook the bucket and here all three came trotting in.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    JR PORTER likes this.
  6. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

I got back with a new bag of corn around noon today and at 3 pm they were standing in the front yard waiting. Wife says Patch and your kids are out front looking thru the windows. I gave them about half gallon then. Went back out around 4:30 and they were standing off in the woods 50 or so yards away, but soon as mom spotted me she made a beeline to the spot I toss the corn at looking for the regular 4 pm treat. I gave them a little more then.

7. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    I have an older Doe that comes-up to the shelled corn I place out for the Squirrels, etc. She looks to be about 5 or 6 years old.

8. littletom

littletom 8 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    Knob Lick, Ky
    Nope have to flush her, can't shoot it just standing there.

Meatstick likes this.