Clinton, McCreary or Pulaski Counties

sniperflash

6 pointer
Sep 14, 2011
berea ky
i hunt in rockcastle and aint seen any action yet only found one scrape no rubs and the buck seen the other day was just eating acorns. A doe was the last thing on his mind

StriperDoc

6 pointer
Sep 17, 2002
Danville, Ky, USA.
I shot a nice 9 pointer yesterday morning in northern pulaski county. Hunting a flat when heard something on power line behind me. This buck was shredding a small pine tree at 50+ yards. Grunted him in to 10 yards and had a Muzzy moment with him. Ran 35 yrds and piled up. I had Tinks 69 estrous scent out and he came in down wind. He hard dark tarsal glands but neck not hugely swollen. Definitely good sign on the area with rubs/scrapes. I didn't see any chasing but only in stand for 1 1/2 hours. Should be turning on the next few days.

Later in the day yesterday, I went to check on things at another farm in Casey county. I drove in and there standing on the far hillside was a mature buck at 1 pm in the afternoon. I was 150 yrds from him in my silver truck and he stayed there 5 minutes then jogged off. I'm sure he was with a doe, but I couldn't see her. Things are definitely turning up a notch.

Latest posts