Clear death is coming!!!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Buck_Nasty, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Since, philipfleek posted up about the white death a few days ago. Figured I would fire up the clear death thread because the way it looks, some of us could get hit with up to 1/2 inch of ice this go around along with some snow. I'd rather it snow two feet than to ice any. I believe this morning was the coldest morning I've seen so far in my area. Or at least it felt like it. And by the sound of my old War Wagon Jeep cranking over this morning, it was extremely cold.

2. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I don't believe the weathermen until I see it for myself anymore. It's 3 here right now, same as yesterday. When I crank the Cummins on mornings like this, it goes straight to high idle and there's not really anything resembling a muffler on my truck. My driveway is just feet from the neighbors bedroom window.:D I know they hate me, they're just too scared to show it.

3. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    I am not sure why, but this morning feels colder to me as well. As soon as I get done hunting, I am heading into town to fill up my cans with gas for the generator and to get some horsefeed and a few other odds and ends we might need around here. Not expecting another two week stint without electric but don't want to be unprepared if it happens.

4. 7mmx2

7mmx2 12 pointer

Nov 8, 2007
    KY
    As long as it's cleared out by Friday! I'm headed to a gun shop in Lexington on Friday to pickup my purchase.

5. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    LOL. Glad I don't live around you then.

6. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    I hope it is nothing like the Last big Ice storm..........5 weeks without power last time......I do have backup heat ,generator and fuel and we just went to grocery. Not to mention a freezer full of venison...........a country boy can survive..............

7. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    Good luck to you guys with lots of ice in your forecast. They are forecasting 1/10 here and I hope they are right.

It felt warmer last night and this morning here than it has in a week.

8. philipfleek

philipfleek 12 pointer

Feb 24, 2008
    philville, KY
    Took the dogs out a few mins ago and man the air fells real wet.
    hope we dont have a repeat from a couple years ago.

9. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    I can sure do without a repeat of that ice storm from '09. No power for 2 weeks.

10. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    Our area is suppose to finish up with rain. However, if the weather doesn't get here until the wee hours of the morning, I'll probably be coming to work right in the middle of it. Would like to make it to work during the snow versus the ice.

11. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    at one point this morning it was 22 in Greenville and 2 in washington county. Thats a heck of a swing for 150 or so miles

12. Buck_Nasty

Buck_Nasty 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2009
    Laurel County
    From the looks of things currently, if you live in Northern Kentucky, you had better brace for some serious weather. Possible 1 foot of snow and 1 inch of ice in some areas. But that is what is showing on the weather maps as of right now.

13. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    As a survivor of the great ice storm, if you are in the forecast area for .25"+ of ice.... get your stuff in order right now. I feel sorry for you guys.

14. BTOWNER

BTOWNER 8 pointer

Dec 5, 2010
    that ice storm cleared out a lot of junk and bad poles during the ice storm. I doubt the same storm would do as much damage now as it did then.

15. Lady Hunter

Lady Hunter 12 pointer

Jan 12, 2009
    Hoping it's not as bad as they're predicting but WAVE3 reported that CNN has reporters in L'ville already, waiting for the stuff to hit the fan!

In regards to the temps this morning, it was a whopping 1 degree here when I took the kids to school around 8:30. I swear the tires on my Subaru had frozen... First quarter mile or so, you'd have sworn I had a flat tire (I even pulled off the road & looked) because of all the thumping when they turned. First time I ever remember that happening!!! About halfway out our road, they quieted down & did fine. Checked the pressure when I got to town & every tire was within about half a pound of normal....