Circuit City sale starts today!!!

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by nitrox28, Jan 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nitrox28

nitrox28 Banned

Aug 4, 2003
    Lexington, ky, USA.
    Circuit City starts it's liquidation sale today nationwide! Stores here open at 9am. Glad to see them go honestly. I hate those stupid mail-in rebates! Thought I'd pass this along to everyone. Should be able to get a good deal on a flat screen or whatever.

2. JP

JP 10 pointer

Jul 8, 2004
    Carroll County
    Anyone know if the Louisville store starts their's today too? Website says "as early as Jan. 17, 2009"

3. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I actually liked the joint. They were suppose to have a big sale at the Nicholasville Rd. store when they were closing down. I went over there looking for a flat screen and they were the same price as everywhere else, but they had these markdown stickers that made them look like they were on sale. Do your homework before you buy.

4. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    There is only one still open in Louisville I believe. The one on Dixie Highway. Not sure about when the liquidation sale started though. I went to the sale when they closed the Outer loop store and didn't see any real bargains. You can get taken at those kinds of sales, you gotta be careful. I'm a Best Buy guy myself, but I hate that they are losing competition.

5. Art

Art 12 pointer

Nov 27, 2004
    Lexington, KY
    I don't really like BestBuy. They practically assault you trying to sell you the extended warranty. I had a guy one time that wasn't going to sell me a video camera until I agreed to the extended warranty. I bought elsewhere.:D

6. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    Never experienced the slightest aggression to sell me any warranties. They ask at the checkout, I say no, and that's been the end of it. I've really never had a bad experience there, and I go about every 2 weeks.

7. slipped cork

slipped cork 8 pointer

Nov 24, 2008
    Borderline Insanity, KY
    Yeah they should close their doors and put 30,000 people out of work, thats just what this country need right now.:eek:

8. Docknboatlift

Docknboatlift 8 pointer

Mar 24, 2004
    Louisville
    Anyone know what sort of mark down can be expected? I'm looking for a cheap laptop.

9. AteUp

AteUp 12 pointer

Mar 14, 2004
    Luavul
    20% markup, 25% markdown.

10. schroader

schroader 10 pointer

Dec 27, 2004
    down by the river,,,

sounds like wal-mart.:D

11. nitrox28

nitrox28 Banned

Aug 4, 2003
    Lexington, ky, USA.
    Yeah. Finding a job in retail sales is sooooo difficult. :D As I understand it, Circuit City is Mexican Owned. Doesn't hurt my feelings they are closing.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  12. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    You will not save money at these "Going out of Business Sales".

These sales are run by "professional liquidators" and not the stores themselves. the very first thing they do is have their people inside the store the night before MARKING UP every single item then then puting up signs showing how much percentage off you get that day.

You all have seen the signs, the ads on TV and the people outside holding up the " Everything must go signs" in the streets, they are all the same signs by the same people no mater the stores or the people. They all work for the "professional liquidators" not the store that's going out of business.

They sign a contract with the business to liquiate the business for a certain amount of money and anything OVER that is the "professional liquidators" fee.

I learned all this on ABC News before Christmas.

The only time you see real mark downs is the last week of the sale but then there is next to nothing left.

When Lines N Things went out of business in Paducah I went in there hoping to pick up some good knives on sale and with the "mark up price" and "precentage off" the prices were higher than the regular price, in fact I could have gotten them cheaper at Bed, Bath and Beyond at their regular prices.

13. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Wildcat is dead on with this....Before Christmas my neighbor was in the Goodies store in Russellville, he seen some shirt and tie sets that were $21.99. Now that Goodies is closeing up shop he thought he would go pick up some of those shirt and tie sets cheap. He said the same shirt and tie set was now marked $44 with a sign above that read 30% off. He called me to tell me to stay out of Goodies...LOL...Never set foot in the place don't plan to.

14. Wildcat nailed.
    Duster I had the same thing happen to me...a sales person asked me if I just couldn't find my size, I laughed and told him I'm not an idiot and said something about the prices...he stumbled and tried to say thats the normal price:rolleyes::mad:

15. billyjimbob

billyjimbob Spike

Sep 4, 2008
    shepherdsville ky
    circuit city

Wildcat is right. My wife worked for Linen and Things distrubution center here in shepherdsville and professional liquidators come and set the prices. They bought linen and things for 475 million and sold everything and made 560 million. They put 17,000 people out of a job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.