Cincinnati/northern KY grouse meeting. Need feedback

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by gregcincy, Jul 7, 2015.

1. gregcincy

gregcincy 6 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    Cincinnati
    So just looking to see if there is any interest in this. For those of you who don't know me I'm with Cincinnati chapter of the Ruffed Grouse Society. Last year we had an open meeting to the public that we sponsored. It was a sort of "State of the Union" on the status of grouse/woodcock in Ohio and Michigan. I know many of you hunt both these states. We had Eric Ellis who is the grouse biologist that covers Michigan for RGS and Mark Wiley who is the grouse biologist for the Ohio Dept of Natural Resources. Both of these guys have committed to doing another presentation for us again this year. I'm hoping to get a small game or grouse biologist from Kentucky this year to attend as well.

So here's the question. How many of you all might be interested in attending a "State of the Union" update on grouse and woodcock that covers all three states. KY, MI and OH?

Probably shooting for a September meeting that would be held in the Cincinnati area.

2. pead

pead Fawn

Jul 17, 2015
    Ohio
    I would love to if my work permitted. I hunt Ohio and I am very concerned about our population.

3. Birdman

Birdman Cyber-Hunter

Feb 26, 2002
    Paintsville, KY, USA.
    How did your meeting go, was there a good turn out?

4. gregcincy

gregcincy 6 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    Cincinnati
    Meeting is set for Sept 22nd. We just sent out invites a couple days ago. So far I have 17 people that have RSVP'd. If your interested in attending shoot me an email gregohio2000@yahoo.com Should be pretty informative.

Greg