Chris Jones Dismissed from Louisville

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
Chris Jones accused of rape, sodomy

Posted: Feb 26, 2015 7:21 AM EST

By WDRB News

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) – A judge has signed a warrant for the arrest of former Louisville basketball player Chris Jones on rape and sodomy charges.

According to information obtained by WDRB News, Jefferson District Court Judge Katie King signed the arrest warrant Wednesday night.

According to the warrant, Jones raped a woman and sodomized another woman. The warrant states one of the alleged victims was taken to the hospital Sunday and identified Jones as her attacker.

Jones, 23, was dismissed from U of L's team on Feb. 22.

Head Coach Rick Pitino suspended Jones for Louisville's game at Syracuse on Feb. 18. Jones was reinstated after the game because he “took care of what the coaches wanted,” Pitino told WDRB's Rick Bozich in a text message. The matter, Pitino said, concerned “discipline on campus.”

Jones returned from the one-game suspension and scored 17 points in a 55-53 home win against Miami last Saturday. On Sunday afternoon, U of L announced Jones had been dismissed from the team; the university hasn't given a reason for the move.

On Monday, in response to a request under the Kentucky Open Records Act, U of L police released a Feb. 17 “run report” alleging Jones threatened in a text message to “smack” a woman with whom he was having a relationship.

According to the U of L police report, a university student claimed she went to Jones' apartment early on Feb. 17 and waited for him, but he didn't return. The woman, whose name was redacted on the report, claimed she left around 3 a.m. and acknowledged “messing up” his room.

Later that day, around 2 p.m., Jones allegedly texted the woman that he would “smack TF out of” her (sic), the report says.

The woman did not want Jones prosecuted, instead saying in the report that she “preferred that someone talk to him about his behavior.” U of L's Dean of Students was to be notified of the incident, according to the report.

The university's response to the records request also indicated that there is one additional “record” involving Jones but did not release it, citing an open investigation by the school's Department of Public Safety.

WDRB.com reporters Toni Konz, Marcus Green and Jason Riley contributed to this story.

KYBH4Life

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Word this morning is he has a warrant for rape and sodomy.

Yep. Just looked at Courier Journal website. From TWO different women on same Saturday night. Guess Pitino wasn't exaggerating when he said he was finished.

Last edited:

fcfishking

8 pointer
Apr 11, 2010
Fairdale, KY
I am a UL graduate and a lifelong UL fan. I have supported them through great days and bad days. But I am letting Jurich know that the UL faithful are getting very short in their patience. Chris Jones is a thug from Memphis, and was a thug when Pitino recruited him out of Junior College. There was a reason why he went to JuCO after high school, and it involved discipline, grades, and trouble. He should have never been allowed at UL, and I am the first one to grant second chances to kids. All Universities have their thugs, yes even UK, and you have to work through them. Ridge Wilson is a perfect example......another known thug and drug dealer.... Boosters, Donors, alumni,...all want wins and that is main objective so Coaches gamble on some kids, knowing full well the avenues they approach. But when it backfires on you, stand up and admit it. Jones should have been let go after last season. Petrino is an embarrassment to the University and will say whatever he needs to say to get a job. A lot of us on the Alumni committee's were very p*[email protected] off over him backing out of the scholarship offer to the kid from Carolina. No class or ethics at all and Jurich should have stepped in and said "NO", we will honor our commitments. Getting too complacent and the whole place needs to be shaken up.................I will always be a fan of the school and the good kids, but don't have to be a fan of the individuals who administer the program.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I am a UL graduate and a lifelong UL fan. I have supported them through great days and bad days. But I am letting Jurich know that the UL faithful are getting very short in their patience. Chris Jones is a thug from Memphis, and was a thug when Pitino recruited him out of Junior College. There was a reason why he went to JuCO after high school, and it involved discipline, grades, and trouble. He should have never been allowed at UL, and I am the first one to grant second chances to kids. All Universities have their thugs, yes even UK, and you have to work through them. Ridge Wilson is a perfect example......another known thug and drug dealer.... Boosters, Donors, alumni,...all want wins and that is main objective so Coaches gamble on some kids, knowing full well the avenues they approach. But when it backfires on you, stand up and admit it. Jones should have been let go after last season. Petrino is an embarrassment to the University and will say whatever he needs to say to get a job. A lot of us on the Alumni committee's were very p*[email protected] off over him backing out of the scholarship offer to the kid from Carolina. No class or ethics at all and Jurich should have stepped in and said "NO", we will honor our commitments. Getting too complacent and the whole place needs to be shaken up.................I will always be a fan of the school and the good kids, but don't have to be a fan of the individuals who administer the program.
Wha Wha Whaaaaat? Impossible!

Just kidding. This is a sad situation.

bluesteel

6 pointer
Aug 11, 2013

Thugs? Nothing new here. Every team has them. It's just a matter of who wins. Period.

Dubya Gee

8 pointer
Apr 10, 2012
Snow, KY

You mention Petrino and that he rescinded the scholarship offer of the kid from South Carolina. With the PR disaster this could turn into, they are gonna have to cut the bad egg they signed in his place loose too now, right? It's gonna be pretty bad mojo to bring a guy that beat up his girlfriend at his last school, and was dismissed, onto campus with this issue taking place isn't it? I'm not poking fun at all, it's a disgusting situation, but since you're writing letters, I think they would be valid point to make if it were my alma mater.