Choot'em..... Troy Landry

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by JR in KY, Oct 25, 2012.

1. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Just got back to Kentucky after a week down in Louisiana. I missed Coyote hunting but I met up with a guy that most of you will recognize.
    Let me tell you. In Real Life, he is Exactly the person you see on "Swamp People." Most of his footage is unscripted....he just comes out with it on his own. A very nice person.

2012_1021JRinKY0287.jpg

He has upgraded his Ride....You can't miss this new truck.

2012_1021JRinKY0333.jpg

This is Troy's Dad; he was on a couple episodes of Swamp People. He said: "I had 4 Boys and I like to never got them raised; they about got me down." (I think that's what he said...you talk about Cajun lingo...Man.)

2012_1021JRinKY0307.jpg

I don't know if he will be on the next season shows, but Hank Williams Jr. was down there 2 weeks ago hunting Gators with Troy....I bet that would have been something to see.

2. sheperd

sheperd 10 pointer

Nov 4, 2003
    Bardstown, Ky
    Thats cool. He is my favorite on that show.

sent from the doghouse

3. ConfederateKnowHow

ConfederateKnowHow 6 pointer

Oct 19, 2011
    Shelby Co. Kentucky
    The manager of our Service Department at work had to go to a job site down there. He said A guy told him Troy owns a line of hotels down there or something of the like. I'm not sure if it's true or not, and doesn't make me think any less of the man. He comes off as a really great guy on Swamp People.

4. JR having more fun. Coyotes will be moving in the morning!!

5. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    He wishes he did. He and his dad own "Duffy's Shell" in Pierre Part Louisiana...a gas station and convenience strore. hope he makes a Million dollars on the Swamp People; You should see how much time he spends with his "Young" Fans at a event. The kids love him for it.

6. Semp

Semp 10 pointer

Feb 4, 2008
    Kaintukee
    Choot 'em! Glad to hear he is a down to earth sort of guy. But I think I'm kinda partial to 'Lisbeth. :)

7. boonectyhunter5618

boonectyhunter5618 8 pointer

Oct 31, 2004
    Erlanger
    i had the plessure of meeting Troy and his son Jacob in INDY this past spring. they were promoting FERRA fire trucks at the expo. they are some of the nicest people you could ask for. just some good ol down home country boys.

8. kyhunter270

kyhunter270 8 pointer

Oct 15, 2004
    Scott Co. Ky.
    Meeting Troy and drinking a cold Bud light with him is on my bucket list.

9. deerpox

deerpox 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2011
    Western Ky
    His family owns Landry Seafood Company. Which owns Landrys Seafood House, Joe's Crab Shack, Aquariuam Restaurants, etc... Wealthy, very wealthy. My dad runs into him from time to time at the Walmart where he shops, super nice guy.

10. DBLUNG

DBLUNG 6 pointer

Oct 29, 2012
    Benton Ky
  11. deerpox

deerpox 6 pointer

Dec 1, 2011
    Western Ky

I guess I shouldnt have taken a boat captain from slidell's word for it. Won't be the last time I'm wrong, dont take it personal. He also told me Troy or his family owns a huge crawfish processing plant the processes and ships about 6 million pounds of crawfish every year to Louisiana restaraunts. Maybe the cpt. just meant he provides the chain with all their crawfish and I just misunderstood him. Still a nice go though.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  12. quackrstackr

quackrstackr Welcome to Fantasy Island Staff Member

Nov 19, 2003
    The Island
    I was in NO for a few days the year before last and it seemed like every commercial that came on the television set was Troy hocking product or services for somebody. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do but it definitely changed my perspective of him a little bit.