Chicago schools remove name of Daniel Boone elementary school. Rewriting history

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
ive no love for chicago, although I believe i would make a fine living night hunting rats if i lived there. (Maybe with mink, maybe dogs, maybe a thermal airgun.) I was at a really nice hotel drinking beer on the patio with some coworkers and i swear as soon as the sun went down there were hundreds of giants scurrying everywhere.

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
Interesting that Boone is accused of having seven slaves and took lands once owned by indiginous tribes. Wonder if the school board knew the indigenous tribes regularly took lands from the neighboring indigenous tribes and many time enslaved their indigenous enemies where possible. Heck they enslaved Boone and stole his daughter for some time.

Rewriting history to promote some current agenda has become a sad political game in this country.IMO

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
I wonder how many other countries are talking "reparations" for communities, cultures, races that they conquered or are currently trying to rewrite history? Are the Italians handing out money from the "shameful" Roman Empire? Spain forking over money to South American for overpopulating it with latinos and killing Mayans? The "Aanglish" for taking over Ireland/Scotland or dumping their trash in Australia?

Latest posts