Chewing tobacco

JLD3173

6 pointer
Nov 17, 2010
Pendleton County
I'm looking for an alternative to Levi Garret/Redman. Anyone found anything? I'm trying to quit, or at least cutback. I would like to find something like pouches. Right now I'm trying the Grizzly Wintergreen pouches but I have never been a fan of the taste of dip. I do however like how the pouches are more discreet....ya know instead of having a big chaw in my mouth, haha! I've always preferred the taste of chewing tobacco or plugs. Are there any chew alternatives out there? Or any pouches that taste similar to chew and not dip? Thanks!

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
There used to be a dip called gold river. It wasn’t in pouches but it tasted a lot like chewing tobacco. It was really dry but man was it good. I’m a stokers fan myself.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I never could chew sunflower seeds but I still chew up whole coffee beans and keep them in my cheek, chew green tea same way.

I always chewed Lancaster, that chew stains your teeth bad bad. I weened off by chewing on unlit cigars first Cubanos then backwoods.

Then I started smoking them and had to kick that habit. I dip those little tobacco free, nicotine pouches now. Zyn and Velo. They have several flavors, took some getting used to but I’m getting out of that habit as well.

JLD3173

6 pointer
Nov 17, 2010
Pendleton County
I never could chew sunflower seeds but I still chew up whole coffee beans and keep them in my cheek, chew green tea same way.

I always chewed Lancaster, that chew stains your teeth bad bad. I weened off by chewing on unlit cigars first Cubanos then backwoods.

Then I started smoking them and had to kick that habit. I dip those little tobacco free, nicotine pouches now. Zyn and Velo. They have several flavors, took some getting used to but I’m getting out of that habit as well.
I too have tried the Velo pouches. They were OK. Just made me miss the taste of chew, haha. There are several tobacco free pouches that look like dip pouches....i might try them. Thanks for the suggestions

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.
I used to chew this (mainly as a kid).

proxy-image

proxy-image

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
I have tried it all. From home twist to dip. Started out at about 12 years old with my grandpa cutting me off of some of his home made twist. Went to fruturity mammonth cave wild duck Blue Mule days work beachnut redman levi garrett and others. Started dipping in basic training. Kid somehow got some coppenhagen. Then it Hawken Kodiak coppenhagen skoal and now Grizzly wintergreen no pouches. Been Grizzly for over 30 years now.

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
If they made it, I have probably chewed it. Stopped cold turkey about 10 years ago.
There at the end I was chewing Stocker's Apple. I loved it. A few months ago I had a bad craving one afternoon for a chew but It soon went away.

EC

12 pointer
Jul 13, 2003
Louisville, KY.
I have tried it all. From home twist to dip. Started out at about 12 years old with my grandpa cutting me off of some of his home made twist. Went to fruturity mammonth cave wild duck Blue Mule days work beachnut redman levi garrett and others. Started dipping in basic training. Kid somehow got some coppenhagen. Then it Hawken Kodiak coppenhagen skoal and now Grizzly wintergreen no pouches. Been Grizzly for over 30 years now.
In Frankfort, I used to chew when hunting and fishing a plug called Apple Valley or something like that. It was square or rectangular. I quit chewing...why? Got married. Kinda was told to stop. I know, whipped. :(

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
In Frankfort, I used to chew when hunting and fishing a plug called Apple Valley or something like that. It was square or rectangular. I quit chewing...why? Got married. Kinda was told to stop. I know, whipped. :(
YEP Good ole Apple Valley. Ive been told to quit many times to.

Reactions: EC

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I've chewed and dipped everything out there. I started in 7th grade on apple jack. I used to love to chew Red Man, and dip wintergreen skoal together. Great flavor. I switched to skoal only in the mid 80's, then switched to long cut when it came out. I've been on Red Seal wintergreen longcut for years now. I've been encouraged to quit for 40 years. Not gonna happen. I may try Red Seal patches though. Not as hard on your gums. I've had one gum graft. Not a lot of fun. Don't want to do it again.

wv67

12 pointer
Dec 19, 2017
Southern wva
I’ve chewed a bunch of stuff over the years I chew wolf natural pouches at work because it’s easy to swallow , when not at work I chew red seal natural or Copenhagen silver lid I do on occasion like stokers peach chewing tobacco

Latest posts