chasing and another scrape closeup

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by wademup, Oct 28, 2016.

1. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    This is the " Beamer" buck from my other thread in the close-up. He is actually more impressive than I thought originally and may be older than I thought as others suggested . Had lots of chasing pics but of course most were blurred some

2. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Pretty neat pics.

Which I was out at our place today around our food plot. One trail leading out in the field I walked past and then turned around realizing what I saw.... skid marks from a deer ..lol.

No doubt some chasing going on.... which I'd say more so at night with these temps.

3. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    Surprisingly almost all were upper age class deer ( 3.5 plus) Almost zero daytime pics of even young bucks since the heat fired up and only a few first light pics of does .This one scrape is obviously the real deal, it's the only one that is constantly hit and hit by mature deer. Its at the entrance to a great funnel between 2 fields , I think This funnel is gonna be good as soon as it cools off late next week

4. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Yeah... I was looking at the forecast and thought the same as you. Hope you get a shot at Beamer .. he looks to be a good one.

Which I'm not hunting much right now but been around the farm quite a bit. This year reminds me of a season we had 7-10 years ago. Heavy mast crop... warm temps.. windy as all get out.

Everybody was thinking deer populations way down and the rut was almost invisible. Which there was a lot of sign.. just little to no activity in daylight.

I'm hoping this isn't somewhat a repeat .

5. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    I have barely hunted either , just too many church things last few weeks. However it may be a good thing in the end as I've stayed out of the woods and only tread lightly waiting on prime time to kick in . This is a new, small spot I only got in late September so I don't know much more than what the cameras are telling me . I try not to get agressive until I feel I understand their travel patterns at least a little. Though this place is small it is loaded in acorns too

6. Shaine1985

Shaine1985 12 pointer

Jul 11, 2012
    your moms
    He's a good deer. You've definitely got activity.

7. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    Great looking buck!

8. BowHunter20

BowHunter20 6 pointer

Oct 15, 2014
    Ohio
    Your time will come, he will make a mistake!!

9. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Which is bigger, Beamer or the Big 8?

10. wademup

wademup 12 pointer

Feb 5, 2004
    benton, ky, USA.
    The Big 8 is bigger , but I haven't seen him in a while. I have the buck with big brows that is the real player right now , he is on camera every night. I really think the Beamer buck is younger than the other two but I would definitely shoot either of the other two .

11. just me

just me 12 pointer

Sep 26, 2013
    This weekend should be prime! Good luck wadem!

12. C.O.D.

C.O.D. 8 pointer

May 11, 2005
    Lex, KY