Chainsaw mishaps

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Trapper Delk, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Brown Dogs Matter

Brown Dogs Matter 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Hehe. I have a few of those, as well.

muddhunter and jblack1 like this.
  2. Stone Branch

Stone Branch 8 pointer

Jun 27, 2019
    Lewis county, KY
    I've cut my share of boots and legs but never let it interrupt a work day. As muddhunter said, I'd start looking at other trees and forget about the running saw. 2 years ago up on the ridge I dropped 2 trees on my hard hat and both times I thought afterward, that could have been bad. Last years new years resolution was to not drop any more trees on my head and so far I have been able to stick to it.

G

Feedman and muddhunter like this.
  3. Tankt

Tankt 10 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    Thankfully I have no stories to tell. I only have about 20 hrs in my life using one. But my neighbor's dad somehow sliced from about 6" below his knee to 6" above it. He wrapped his shirt around it and drove himself to the hospital. His recovery lasted several months IIRC. I think he was doing too much and all the staples busted and he almost bled to death. Left a nasty scar.

4. grinder

grinder 8 pointer

Oct 28, 2003
    harrodsburg, ky, USA.
    I have been running a saw for around 40 years with no problem. My worst mishap is pantleg cut with just a light scratch on the skin underneath. I farmed, for many of those years, cleared 20 acres of heavy bush honeysuckle infestation, and have heated entirely with wood the last 15 years. I have thousands of hours on a chainsaw, and untelling how many cords of wood. Im knocking on wood as I write this, because I know how easy it can happen. Be careful, and think.

Buzz151, muddhunter and carnivore like this.
  5. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 12 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    I've cut wood all my life from 10 years old, and worked log woods accident can happen anytime anywhere, and these are the story's we are reading. Maybe someone will read this and it stick in there mind and they are more careful.

Meatstick, muddhunter and FF/EMT516 like this.
  6. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    Where the heck is @Meatstick. A man with that many saws ought to have a couple stories to tell. good or bad

muddhunter and Meatstick like this.
  7. Munson

Munson 12 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    I don't have any accidents to tell of(knock on wood) but I have fell a few times and had to pitch the saw away from me. I'll get to busy cuttin and not keep chunks and brush back away from my work area. Just pure stubbornness/procrastination on my part

Meatstick and Trapper Delk like this.
  8. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Yessir. Stories and stitches. Worst one though, damsaw wasn't even running. I was cutting my neighbors out back in 09 ice storm. Packing the saw and my feet got out from under me in that slick shit. I fell frontwards, saw hit the ground, then my chin broke my fall, on the bar. Three dawgs went plum to the bone. Pretty BA lookin scar if I shave my beard tho lol.
    I've got into my shins a couple times, nothing too serious. I wear chaps when it's not too hot, and they've saved me a time or three also. All of that was in my early 20's, fwiw. Luckily haven't tried to fell myself in about 10 years now lol. Not proud of any of those scars.

Munson and beauhunter41031 like this.
  9. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    The left knee of my bibs from around 10 years ago.
    [​IMG]

10. Gforcetrivers

Gforcetrivers 12 pointer

Sep 23, 2016
    Burkesville
    Never used a chainsaw much in fact just bought my first gas saw rather recently. But I got a bunch junk trees I want to take down to make room for useful trees and this definitely made me think!

11. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    I got a pair of wool pants with a cut just above the lnee.
    Was cutting wood one winter, clearing up some down trees. Saw kicked back.
    Scared the crap out of me. It did not touch my skin

barney likes this.
  12. Mossy Oak Boykins

Mossy Oak Boykins 6 pointer

Sep 11, 2019
    where my boykins take me
    Here's a pic of a friend's foot after a fight with a chain saw

Attached Files:

13. Meatstick

Meatstick 12 pointer

Oct 25, 2013
    Washington County
    Rub some dirt on it

14. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    Dang,
    Mossy oak
    I wish I had not seen that picture

muddhunter, barney and redjackson like this.
  15. Trapper Delk

Trapper Delk 12 pointer

Feb 10, 2020
    Central Kentucky.
    I had a boss one was cutting a tree he wasn't standing right and saw kicked out hit his leg he panic started to run off hollaring my leg my leg, I grabbed his jacket and pulled him back to his ass on ground. It wasn't to bad but after got him settled down he said what the f*** Dave, I said well if you cut bad and run you'll bleed to death,, fighting a guy that's panicked is worse than the saw . LoL