Censorship is growing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wprebeck, Jan 12, 2021.

1. wprebeck

wprebeck 12 pointer

Jun 7, 2004
    Louisville, KY.
    Arfcom (ar15.com) is down, removed by GoDaddy. They have a backup site for now. Second City Cop (a blog run by Chicago PD officers) have been removed. Thee Rant (an NYPD version of Second City) is gone. Mike The Cop is getting censored on Facebook.

We already know about Trump on Twitter, FB, etc. Parler is gone.

They're gonna do the same here eventually. "Hate speech" and all that. Thanks to all you assholes that voted against Trump or for Biden. This lays directly at your feet.

And, don't give me the "private business" line. There are two things wrong with that:

1 - the internet, especially major social media sites like Twitter and FB, is the new "town square". Eliminating access to it is the equivalent of removing speech. Technology has changed our world and how we interact dramatically in the last three decades. In high school, I had to turn off call waiting in order to use my 56k modem to access BBS's out there - and you needed phone numbers of those sites to connect, along with correct parity and stop bit coding. These days, if I want to chat with someone in Australia, I simply use one of several video based internet apps to do it free and instantly.

Society communicates through the web these days. Eliminating sites from the internet is tantamount to muffling an individual or group by refusing them access to the "town square".

2 - While private, these businesses are focusing on conservative themed blogs and media sites. Yes, both blogs were very conservative and critical of their political masters, just like Arfcom and Parler. This is a direct and coordinated effort by those in the left wing to silence "hate speech", which means "anything we don't like, anything which goes against the party line, and anything YOU - as a conservative - have to say". Seen any lefty sites going away, like Democratic Underground? That site is filled with vitriolic commentary against the right wing, yet faces none of the same concerns about being eliminated.

This is not good and will get worse before it gets better. I'm glad God brought me to rural TN before all this happened. It'll get here eventually, but the cities will be burning long before I have to worry.

And, in case I wasn't clear earlier - fuck off, Democrat supporters. Eat a big bag of dicks.

Nock, barney, bearleft and 12 others like this.
  2. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    Wow. Hopefully you tell some around here how far piss and vinegar is gonna get them. Arf dwarfs this little tweeter/facepalm site. What really amazes me is the amount of people that still use those data mining sites. Including THIS forum.

3. slobear

slobear 12 pointer

Nov 20, 2014
    Trump town, USA
    Several on here preach against “cancel culture”. They just can’t seem to separate from silly games played with a ball.
    Until we get a equal reaction,nothing will change. Go bounce your balls,boys.

4. Tankt

Tankt 8 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    This thread will be gone...aka censored tomorrow.

Seriously, if it is...mmmmm......the Democrats and snowflakes will see a new.meaning for WOKE. Much like the Japanese Admiral did..."I am afraid we have only wakened a sleeping giant"....and 75 million strong

Thomas Roberts likes this.
  5. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

Twitter and Facebook should be treated like Bell South or AT&T when they were broken up due to being a monopoly.

HuntressOfLight likes this.
  6. HuntressOfLight

HuntressOfLight 12 pointer

Nov 23, 2019
    Guarding my lovely bluebirds
    Well presented with supporting documentation by the executive editor of The Federalist:

Big Corporate Uses Capitol Riots To Push Communist-Style Social Credit System On Americans

It appears that global oligarchs have decided to not only collude with China's totalitarian control over its society, but to export it to formerly free nations such as the United States.
    By Joy Pullmann
    We appear to be at the beginning of a massive crackdown on people who have supported Donald Trump, led by big tech and big media. These entities are making Trump into an example of their power to frighten the half of America that supported him in November. We cannot allow them to intimidate us.

But they sure are trying, and on some, they will succeed. They are using the excuse of an unrepresentative group of fools criminally ransacking U.S. Capitol offices with a lighter touch than many of this summer’s often unpunished Black Lives Matter and Antifa rioters. Remember: Some of those rioters got away withmurder, attacking public buildings including in state capitols, arson, and stopping ambulances from bringing wounded police into hospitals for treatment. They were bailed out with the help of the incoming Democrat vice president.

Now we are being told that an unorganized group of stupid people knocking down doors and throwing Nancy Pelosi’s desk papers on the floor are “seditionists” aiming for the “overthrow of the U.S. government”? Please. That’s giving them credit that they don’t at all deserve.

But they have provided a useful pretext for much darker strategic actions from much better-funded and better-coordinated powers. On the assumption with an excellent track record that Republicans have lost all power and wouldn’t intelligently use any power they have anyway, Twitter has banned Trump permanently and suspended Mike Flynn. Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat also banned Trump.

Google and Apple banned the Twitter alternative Parler from their app stores, claiming it’s because right-wing agitators have used it to organize, although the same is true of left-wing agitators, mass-murdering foreign dictators, and apolitical criminals on Twitter. Amazon defenestrated Parler from its servers Sunday.

Thomas Roberts likes this.
  7. bigbonner

bigbonner 12 pointer

Aug 5, 2015
  8. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
  9. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    AR 15 .com was shut down last night but is back up now on another server.
    This is just like 1930s Germany except Reversed. The Nazis shut down the Jews and Commies.

This website is not immune; just takes some of our Communist members bringing it to the attention of the Commissars.

Feedman, 00noturkey, barney and 3 others like this.
  10. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    They will be begging for lawsuits, if so.

11. davers

davers 12 pointer

Jul 14, 2014
    Kentucky
    This time and date, it's: the Democrat Liberals that are trying to shut down the Conservative Republicans. (2021)!!

Wildcat and HuntressOfLight like this.
  12. HuntressOfLight

Nov 23, 2019
    Correct, targeting the GOP base.

Wildcat and davers like this.
  13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Not only are these companies violating their classifications as “platforms”...but the federal goobermint has facilitated and cultivated their unfettered growth. There is no competition because the goobermint has made competition impossible.

00noturkey likes this.
  14. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Remember when that lunatic “AOC” said that the commies needed to take note of detractors and hold them accountable? How far are they going to take that tyranny?

Feedman likes this.