CCW after few beers

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ClayCow, May 3, 2015.

1. ClayCow

ClayCow Fawn

Jan 26, 2015
    Dump that salt on my wounds = p

In missouri you cannot consume and ccw. Not sure if its the same as consume as oc in missouri.

2. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

Lord help you if you ever have to use that concealed weapon the way it was intended and you are found to have a BAC over zero. Recipe for a reckless homicide or manslaughter sentence and a civil suit to lose everything your family owns.

If you need to carry, don't drink for a multitude of reasons. If you need to drink, lock it away.

3. Xi Bowhunter

Xi Bowhunter 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2002
    Goetz Farm
    If you are going to drink, keep your butt at home. If you are going to go out and drink, keep your firearm at home. Simple as that really.

You have to decide what is more important to you. Drinking or carrying your firearm in public. You just can't do both and not be taking some sort of chance.

Look at it this way. You are out walking your dog, and some nosey neighbor happens to see your firearm and calls the police. The cops show up and question you about it, and they smell beer on your breath. Now you are in a predicament because you weren't really doing anything wrong, but you accidentally called attention to yourself, and now you are getting even more attention from the cops because they suspect you to have been drinking.

To me, drinking just isn't worth it anymore, unless you are going to be staying put for the night or have a designated driver to take you home.

4. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.

He's right.

There might not be any law that says you can't have a few drinks and carry but if you ever need to use it be ready to pay the price in court and the lawsuits. Think of it this way, any lawyer worth his salt smells alcohol or drugs in the police report has $$$ signs in his eyes and will push the family to sue the heck out of you and your family because he knows it's an EASY win.

I know the police and the CCDW are NOT the same but look at the cases where the police shot someone while the cop was UNDER THE INFLUNCE and see how many millions of dollars the dept had to pay out.

5. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

If you're anything like the rest of us, you don't need a gun after having a few beers. You become invincible after a few beers. Your mind also opens up and you become more creative. As a result, you can easily transform everyday items, like a pool cue, dinner plate, or barstool, as a deadly weapon with which to defend yourself. I once used a can of Spam to defend myself during a drunken stroll from Kroger to my apartment.

6. ClayCow

ClayCow Fawn

Jan 26, 2015
    The thing is, we always say easy win for prosecutor and such, but i havent seen a justified SD case with alcohol where the person has been sued. The state of kentucky also has laws which prevent a justified SD to be immune from lawsuits. Since there is no law against drinking and guns, there would(theoretically from my armchair) be no grounds to sue the person.

I wasnt looking for a lecture on guns and alcohol like were veering off to, i just wanted to see the legality behind it. Which wouldve been best suited asking a lawyer.

7. ClayCow

ClayCow Fawn

Jan 26, 2015
    But did it work? A can of spam can hurt.

8. Fat Tony

Fat Tony 12 pointer

When you have a CCW, you have a duty to avoid conflict at all costs IMO. Shooting someone is the last thing in the world you ever want to do. If you do, your life is going to be turned upside down forever. You do not want to end up on the news. You do not want to end up in court. But if there is no other option and you do end up on the news and in court, you better be dang sure you walk with the angels and were not drinking.

9. HUNTZVT

HUNTZVT 12 pointer

It did, but it ruined the Spam. Had to go home drunk and hungry.

10. ClayCow

ClayCow Fawn

Jan 26, 2015
    Ill start holstering cans of spam instead of ccw a weapon when i drink. Probably work better than pepper spray.

11. ClayCow

ClayCow Fawn

Jan 26, 2015
    I could most definitely see media coverage taking drinking out of proportion.

12. Tom Threetoes

Tom Threetoes 10 pointer

Oct 4, 2002
    southern Indiana.
    Do you have to have a beer? Drink a cold glass of iced tea or walk the dog first.

13. trust me

trust me Troubled Loner

Nov 27, 2004
    Jerkwater, KY
    When is the country ever going to enact some sensible canned meat control laws??? Children are dying the streets because of our irrational attachment to cooked organs!

14. Justsaying

Justsaying 8 pointer

Jun 22, 2012
    NOYB
    That question was asked a couple of years ago. Based on the research that I have done there is nothing on the books that directly addresses the issue. In other words it is not illegal. However, defending yourself both criminally and civilly would be the greatest challenge if you were to use your CCW for defense. I am not an attorney but I do play one on TV.

I like a beer or two with dinner. Again based on my research if I am legal to operate a car, I should be legal to carry a gun and that would be my argument.
    Drinking and watching Kentucky lose (stated for effect) a basketball game while sitting in the same room as a safe full of firearms is really no more dangerous than one on your hip. IMO

Idiots will be idiots no matter where their guns are. In the famous words of Dirty Harry “a man has got to know his limitations”.

15. scoffman

scoffman Spike

Oct 27, 2011
    Kentucky regulates the right to conceal and carry a deadly weapon. That being said it is a misdemeanor when caught carrying a concealed deadly weapon. I know some people who don't want to have their name on a list and are willing to pay the fine if they get caught carrying a concealed deadly weapon without a permit, if they are convicted.