CCDW Questions

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Would it be legal to use a machete blade to deflect a bullet if someone shoots at me? And then could I hit them over the head with it? Lol!
Only if you are fully insured.
To show my appreciation and respects to akmandushi ill post up my jungle steel. Imacasa, (basically condor rejects) is pretty popular machete brand in South America. I cant muster an action pose though if i ask my wife to take a pic shed post it on FB
391BDB46-E9FF-4BF1-87FF-F7EB7F85486C.jpeg

Last edited:

grinder

10 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
I have only read one page of comments, and concluded this “This thread cant be real. “ But in the slim chance that it is…., if you are having trouble mastering a firearm, im thinking you are flinching. So try this, beg, borrow, or buy, a good .22 target pistol, like say a Ruger m2 or m3. Buy a bulk pack of ammo, Put in earplugs, and have fun. There is nothing to be afraid of. If someone is putting a large caliber handgun in the hand of an inexperienced shooter, firearms is not your problem, they are ! The earplugs are equally important as the noise causes flinching as much as the recoil. I always start a newby out with a .22, just like in archery you start with a light bow.
Stay away from tiny pocket pistols, they are too hard to shoot accurately, even by an expert. A full sized target .22 is not the most concealable carry gun, but its a damn sight easier to carry than a brace of machete’s. .22 is not optimal as a man stopper, but 10-11 .22 rounds will def get the point across to anyone ‘dont fuck with me!’. They claim a .22 wont stop a man, but i can gurrantee, he will be easier to outrun, or outfight with even just a couple tiny holes in him. There are many polymer .22’s now that are excellent easy to carry and easy to shoot pistols with 10+1 capacity. They feel good on the hip, better than a knife.

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
Inl
I have only read one page of comments, and concluded this “This thread cant be real. “ But in the slim chance that it is…., if you are having trouble mastering a firearm, im thinking you are flinching. So try this, beg, borrow, or buy, a good .22 target pistol, like say a Ruger m2 or m3. Buy a bulk pack of ammo, Put in earplugs, and have fun. There is nothing to be afraid of. If someone is putting a large caliber handgun in the hand of an inexperienced shooter, firearms is not your problem, they are ! The earplugs are equally important as the noise causes flinching as much as the recoil. I always start a newby out with a .22, just like in archery you start with a light bow.
Stay away from tiny pocket pistols, they are too hard to shoot accurately, even by an expert. A full sized target .22 is not the most concealable carry gun, but its a damn sight easier to carry than a brace of machete’s. .22 is not optimal as a man stopper, but 10-11 .22 rounds will def get the point across to anyone ‘dont fuck with me!’. They claim a .22 wont stop a man, but i can gurrantee, he will be easier to outrun, or outfight with even just a couple tiny holes in him. There are many polymer .22’s now that are excellent easy to carry and easy to shoot pistols with 10+1 capacity. They feel good on the hip, better than a knife.
Unload a magazine of 22s in the face/neck area, he won’t chase you very far. I’m not advocating carrying a 22, but I will over the machete lol

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
This thread was started in about the time guns were invented. Muskets are considerably lighter and more concealable now that they don’t require a possibles bag to load.

Latest posts