Cats vs. Florida

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by ky.longbeard, Jan 20, 2018.

1. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    Gotta take the good with the bad. I'm a lifelong Reds fan. UK fans don't know suffering

Marsh CallUser likes this.
  2. katlynn

katlynn 6 pointer

Sep 20, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    He essentially said early in his career at UK that he was coaching for the NBA. No one took him seriously, but he's proved it...repeatedly.

3. Nothing is tougher than the life of a mid-major fan. We get the crap officials, the crap schedule and crap treatment come tourney time. You are treated like 2nd class, given no chance and screwed on scheduling. If the big budgets are so much better, why are they scared to death to come play on our floor? Cue the chicken clucking.

4. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    He just has a floor full of duds this year . It happens at some point I can't see anything turning around this year . Anyone besides UK would have been out of the top 25 long ago playing like they have. NEXT

5. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    I was more disappointed in seeing Zion picking Duke last night.

SmokeShow and KYBOY like this.
  6. JR in KY

JR in KY 12 pointer

Jan 25, 2006
    The Occupied South
    Just messin with you fellas!
    I am not a fan of any team, but I DO live in KY....so....if i were a fan it would be KY.
    Seemingly this latest bunch has serious problems. ...
    I went to the game at Tennessee...I saw it first hand....
    I never missed a game on radio when Adolph Rupp was the coach.

7. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Zion didn’t pick Ky because ,this bunch is not going anywhere,unless it’s the d league or whatever they call it.This team has to many lazy a—s players,that’s suppose to be the most athletic ,in the country on it.They get a good lead then quit playing and stand around and wait to throw the ball at the rim.Just maybe if three of these players go somewhere else ,Ky could have a good team next year.If these players learn to play a full game and hold on to a lead ,then they can still have a decent year.Just my opinion

8. ribsplitter

ribsplitter Cyber-Hunter

Jan 19, 2004
    Greenup, ky, USA.
    It's pretty sad going from wishing a few would stay another year or two to hoping they all go somewhere else. Noone on this team interests me in the least.

Dark Cloud likes this.
  9. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I watched the 2nd half. I'm not a die hard nor hater but try to keep up. I went with a pal to the Harvard game earlier this year and it was a struggle. I tell ya, I think this guy does a nice job with this Fla team. He's got some talent for sure but he can coach as well. UK did get the short end of some missed calls at the end but typically you go as your guards go and Floridas guard play is way superior. Plus 3 guys in top 4 of SEC shooting FTs?! If they have a lead on anyone they'll be tough to beat. UK will be fine. Deep run? Depends on opponents. Cutting the nets? Nope! Just too much missing from the puzzle.

10. DH13

DH13 12 pointer

Jan 13, 2012
    Shelby county
    SURE HAS SHOWN katelnn. He keeps it up he maybe gone. I got two friends in the 101 club and they said talk going around he has to do something different. Last nights game even the crowd at Rupp could not get into it. I'm hearing more and more people saying they just cant watch them. Right now I don't see any player NBA ready.

katlynn likes this.
  11. Wildcat

Wildcat 12 pointer

Jan 7, 2002
    Ledbetter, Ky.
    Some of them will leave but some will stay. It's up to them and not Coach Cal if the stay or go pro.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  12. Tim T

Tim T 12 pointer

Mar 29, 2007
    Shepherdsville
    Simple economics. If a Kentucky, Duke, UNC, Louisville etc. Were to play Murray at home, they lose out on a big paycheck from a home game.

13. Panther45

Panther45 6 pointer

Sep 25, 2013
    My grandpa played for Rupp back in the day. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have heard him say "Rupp is rolling in his grave".

JR in KY likes this.
  14. beauhunter41031

beauhunter41031 12 pointer

Jan 1, 2018
    Cynthiana, Ky
    If we can get some of them to stick around, as sophomores they should be a little better, I got my faith in Cal

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    No offense but thats just plain old stupid. Who in the world would you replace him with? There is literally no better option. No way around that. Coach cal is arguably the best/second best coach in the game. Those dolts want to fire him? Only in Kentucky.

Nock likes this.