Cats in Bahamas

JDMiller

12 pointer
Jun 12, 2005
" Between the Rivers "
I watched a little of the game tonight while finishing packing for my hunting trip I’m leaving for in the morning.

Like most said…. wasn’t much competition. But overall their spacing on the floor and passing in general was way ahead of this time last year. Wallace looked aggressive and appears Reeves can hit a 3. Also thought Topin, Collins and Ware had improved. Which I though Ware had bulked up a little … more athletic physically. Oscar is still a rebounding machine.

My question mark is on guard play with Wheeler… looked much like last year when he kept poking his nose amongst the trees when nothing was there. Wallace with just ball handling skill I saw tonight was good…. and potentially a better basketball sense of what he can or can’t do.

We will just have to see how they shape up come November.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Hold on now….I haven’t said a word. I think there is more talent. Hell it’s addition by subtraction. Removing my buddy tyty and brooks alone makes this team better. That still doesn’t change the obvious fact that the team didn’t make the tournament 2 years ago and lost to a pedestrian no name team in the first round last year. We won’t even discuss the kid that signed up and used the school to improve and secure his draft status…..while never checking into a game. Guy makes $10 million a year. That high salary comes with certain requirements. Those requirements are not being met. I’ve been a cal apologist for a long while now. I refuse to do it anymore. It makes me look bad and I’m not going to die on that hill. Sorry if you are willing to do so.

web splitter

8 pointer
Feb 3, 2015
Hold on now….I haven’t said a word. I think there is more talent. Hell it’s addition by subtraction. Removing my buddy tyty and brooks alone makes this team better. That still doesn’t change the obvious fact that the team didn’t make the tournament 2 years ago and lost to a pedestrian no name team in the first round last year. We won’t even discuss the kid that signed up and used the school to improve and secure his draft status…..while never checking into a game. Guy makes $10 million a year. That high salary comes with certain requirements. Those requirements are not being met. I’ve been a cal apologist for a long while now. I refuse to do it anymore. It makes me look bad and I’m not going to die on that hill. Sorry if you are willing to do so.
Nailed it. I accept Cal for what he is, a stepping stone to the NBA. He owns it at least. As fans we should expect about what we are getting. They're fun to watch at times and frustrating at others

thunderstorm

8 pointer
Dec 13, 2001
Nailed it. I accept Cal for what he is, a stepping stone to the NBA. He owns it at least. As fans we should expect about what we are getting. They're fun to watch at times and frustrating at others
This. I will enjoy UK basketball while I'm enjoying it. If it's a bad game, season, etc I walk away and not let it get me down.
I enjoyed watching last night. Most vets improved, newcomers looked good. Livingston had a great all around game.