Career Change?

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Panther45, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    Butler co
    I’ve done well in skilled trades. There are times I wish I was out of a factory. Looking back I would’ve liked to been a biologist or in forestry. If I was a young single man I’d go west and be a government trapper. I looked at a job posting the other day. That would be right up my alley. Looking down the road I hope to go full time as a bee keeper someday.

2. Tankt

Tankt 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2019
    Kentucky
    I will be needing some honey this spring. About 15-45 lbs. Gonna make some mead...5-15 gallons of it.

Nock likes this.
  3. huntr467

huntr467 12 pointer

Small engine/ outdoor power equipment etc. repair/sales. Recession proof and in high demand.

4. Regulator623

Regulator623 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2006
    Eastern Kentucky
    My neighbor maintains the equipment on a local golf course for a living and he's good at it...started a side business doing lawnmower, and golf cart repair in the evenings and on weekends. Some evenings he would come home and there would mowers sitting in his driveway and he wouldn't have a clue who they belonged to until they called wanting to know if they were ready. He had to give it up, wasn't enough hours in the day to work both jobs.

5. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Just noticed this thread. We’ve talked jobs on here many times. If I could do something else, I’d like to do something in the outdoor world. I, too, am in the education world and I’m 2.5 from being eligible to retire on the lowest % draw end so not sure what I’ll do but it’s getting tougher everyday. When I was young and started coaching and teaching, I always hoped the opportunity would come for me to just coach for a living. It didn’t happen for me as a good college job is a hard in. More about connections than anything else. I am considering taking the first chance to retire then doing something pressure free for a few years. Maybe Cabelas or Sportsman’s Warehouse, mow lawns in my huge neighborhood with little yards, or seasonal work for parks and rec. I hope your career change is successful!

Panther45 and FF/EMT516 like this.
  6. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
    If they would just pay you to drink beer!!!

xbokilla likes this.
  7. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Exactly! That and eating. Pretty good at both.

Nock, Meatstick, Tankt and 1 other person like this.