Can you name a forum member who no longer is around.

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by Feedman, Jun 11, 2019.

1. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    Wasn't too long ago, the OP would have been for sure.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  2. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
  3. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

One more MIA is Ateup… I think about him when I check the radar weather. He had a place out by Quality near WBBP's place.

ptbrauch likes this.
  4. Feedman

Feedman Cyber-Hunter

May 28, 2003
    In the basement
  5. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    You know where Quality is? Man, I got to hunt down there one year in the mid 80's. Absolutely the best place I've ever deer hunted. Give anything to find a place in the area again.

6. pentail

pentail Bacon Staff Member

Sep 25, 2002
    Savoring the smoke
    A lot of the guys y'all mentioned are still around, they just don't post much anymore.

7. Strutter

Strutter Cyber-Hunter

Dec 9, 2001
    USA.
    What was the guy with the sword and berets name. He was a hoot.
    Holedigger sure had some huge bucks on his place.

barney likes this.
  8. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Yeah not that far away. WBBP had a large farm over there just west. One heck of a operation. I did a couple years late youth season guiding for him. And help hang some super ladder stands with him. Had a key that fit every gate on his place but never hunted there myself. Went a couple times fishing his main lake was it. Ateups place was right on the main hwy on the east.

9. barney

barney 12 pointer

Oct 11, 2005
    muddhunter likes this.
  10. bgkyarcher

bgkyarcher 12 pointer

Aug 23, 2011
    BG
    I was under the impression you were further West. I’d love to hunt that area again. Been 30 years and change. We took 626 I think it was, then hung a left. Very remote place. 800+ acres with crops, surrounded by big timber. I saw more good bucks there than any place I’ve ever hunted. Passed several solid 130-140” deer because I knew what was there. Ate my tag that year, but no regrets.

barney likes this.
  11. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    One of the main reasons I've enjoyed this sight being an NR.......well that and stealing your farm leases and shooting all your deer!:p Most of the guys on here give and take and the entertainment value of that alone is worth cruising the site. Not to mention tons of experience of all walks.

1wildcatfan and barney like this.
  12. Tufrthnails

Tufrthnails 10 pointer

Oct 27, 2014
    Lakeland, FL
    I was surprised as well. My gut hurt by the time I got done reading all that.

FOWLER2671 likes this.
  13. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    Dark Cloud and barney like this.
  14. Duster

Duster 12 pointer

Cross country I am about 15/20 miles from Quality. That may be the same farm WBBP bought kind of sounds like it. WBBP put out some impressive clover fields and corn. I had a favorite stand called Grassy Wood's way back on one corner. He wanted me to come over and hunt but as I told him when I seen larger bucks on his place than mine I may. That never happen. I recall one young man about 10 years old that came to one of his hunts that had seen some pictures of the deer around my place and I was going to bring him over and let him kill one but he tagged out on WBBP's place. Came to me and ask can I now come over to your place and kill a buck. I told him he had no tags left. He said over in eastern Ky that made no difference....LOL. I even took WBBP's youngest there one morning and poor kid got buck fever so bad he couldn't pull the trigger and we were covered up in deer all morning. WBBP ask me over the radio if we had seen anything and I told him we will talk about that later. Didn't want to embarrass the kid when everyone was on radios on the same channel.

15. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    Anyone remember mammothcavehunter?