Can you bait right now?

SleezyE

Fawn
Nov 30, 2015
I was wondering if you could bait right now? I thought I read somewhere that you couldn't start baiting till August 1st but I can't seem to find that now. Thanks

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
Date was June 1st and should still be. If it had changed there would be one to eleven threads on here about the change with a-lot of name calling and chest bumping about my way is better than your way and then the three to four people trying convince others that food plots should be baiting and banned.

Feed if you want to and feed as much as you can afford if you want. Its still legal.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
Section 2. Recreational Feeding of Wildlife.(1) Wildlife shall not be fed from March 1 through May 31 except as provided in subsections (2) and (3) of this section.

(2) Wildlife may only be fed year round:(a) In public areas not open to legal hunting or trapping, unless otherwise prohibited by statute, administrative regulation, or municipal ordinance;(b) Within the curtilage of the home; and(c) In a zoo or other facility that lawfully keeps or exhibits wildlife for rehabilitation, rescue, or public viewing.(3) Fish may be fed year round.