Can double lunged shot deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by allseasonhunter, Nov 13, 2018.

Can double lunged archery shot deer live

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    78.3%
  1. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    I always enjoyed when Foxworthy called him Marvin Wafflehouse on the Real-time videos.

2. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    Road-rage

BNewNKY46 likes this.
  3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Hahahaha. There you go mister. Explains everything.

4. carnivore

carnivore 12 pointer

Nov 17, 2007
    Ky
    I watched the video. What about when the deer exhales and the deer’s lungs deflate? I personally had an injured doe walking my property for weeks that ended up dying in my yard from infection. She had a hole shot below her spine through and through. I assumed dead zone but if not she lived for weeks from a high double lung shot.

5. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Yeah there is no dead zone ever. The lungs don’t deflate on the exhalation. They are always inflated. I’m wondering if the shot was above the spine. The vertebrae actually sticks up and an arrow can go between them and seems like it’s below the spine.

I just know not all shots are what they seem.

6. xilk123

xilk123 8 pointer

Oct 7, 2011
    clay co
    Im hoping Im not the only person with you on this. IF a deer cant breathe it isn't gonna survive. Not sure how people are saying that a deer center punched through both lungs with a broadhead will live.

hunt likes this.
  7. xilk123

xilk123 8 pointer

Oct 7, 2011
    clay co
    I can't take anything you say serious from now on. Its obvious you know nothing about a deer if you think 1 inch below the skin is the actual spine on a deer.

BowOnly and hunt like this.
  8. 120+

120+ 12 pointer

You are lucky you walked away from it. Dodges don't live long after a grill hit.

9. allseasonhunter

allseasonhunter 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2010
    I don't give any credit to this video. 2 reasons. First is the deer he is using is laying on it's side and lungs are like Jell-O. Second I've never seen a deer use an oxygen tank to breathe and 100psi of compressed air.

10. tcp7

tcp7 Fawn

Oct 30, 2013
    So a screenshot of a text message is better evidence than a video reproduction of an actual deer. I sure hope you never have to defend yourself in court.

hunt likes this.
  11. luvtohunt

luvtohunt 10 pointer

Sep 1, 2011
    Eubank, Ky
    In a person, not a deer, this is how the spine is constricted. You have a column of bones and housed within the bones is ur spinal cord. In us it starts with 7 cervical bones, 15 thoracic bones, 5 lumbar bones, then ur sacrum. Each spinal bone consists of a vertebral body, a spinous process, and transverse processes (one each on the left and right). The part that stick out that you can feel down a persons back is the spinous process. I would assume it is similar in a deer's anatomy. Breaking a spinous process does not necessarily mean a debilitating injury to most. Painful yes, debilitating not always. Damage to the cord, which is held within the hollow cavity located in the vertebral body is debilitating. The cord is the nerves that make things work. If it is damaged, things no longer work. I have personally butchered more than one deer missing chunks over there back bone (spinous processes busted or missing in part) and they were still on their feet as I or a family member killed them.

WildmanWilson likes this.
  12. buckchaser

buckchaser 8 pointer

Jan 11, 2003
    Ky, USA.
    I voted no because if a deer can't breath it can't live. No offense to anyone but there are exceptions to everything and the case of say even 5 deer surviving a wound like this is still right at 0% compared to the number that don't survive.

13. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Of course you don’t. The guys only an expert and been studying deer anatomy for years and years. So you think the jello lungs would withstand 100 psi of air pressure? He simply put enough air in to inflate them.

There’s other stories and articles and pictures of this myth. Google is your friend. Do your own research.
    http://huntingunderground.com/the-void-myth-explained/

hunt likes this.
  14. invasion36

invasion36 8 pointer

Aug 29, 2013
    Kenton Co
    you lost me at sacrum. Lol

15. allseasonhunter

allseasonhunter 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2010
    Screenshots from a biologist with kdfwr who ages and studies deer. If you don't know who Joe lacefield is you might want to do some research.