Can double lunged shot deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by allseasonhunter, Nov 13, 2018.

Can double lunged archery shot deer live

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    78.3%
  1. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I think we need more info on why people take such offense to others besmirching #bonegobbler products? Why so sensitive? Let’s answer that question and then we will all gladly get back to “if deer will die when you bullseye them?”

2. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Probably above the spine. The spine runs much lower that people think. I shot a buck once and couldn’t find it. A week later l hoot the same buck and it had the broad head and four inches of arrow still in the back. It was as perfectly between two vertebrae right against the spine. It was green but looked healthy otherwise.

3. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    If and only if you used a #bonegobbler approved product....the deer would simply have died from fright. It’s pretty scientific

littlebear likes this.
  4. allseasonhunter

allseasonhunter 6 pointer

Feb 2, 2010
    Buddy of mine took a quarter size chunk out of the top of a deer's back with a slug gun a few years back in Indiana breaking the back bone. A half inch to an inch higher he would have missed. There was no possible way to shoot any higher over the back bone without missing. This was on a real life deer not the cartoon anatomy deer that so often gets posted. I wish I had pictures because I'm sure this isn't believable to you either. A deer has the same basic backbone layout as a dog and rubRis right here next to me and through her hide and skin I can feel her vertabrae of her back. The void you are referring to is actually between the lungs and the back bone. Sorry to bust your bubble on this as well but it's true.b

5. allseasonhunter

Feb 2, 2010
    I wonder why so many outfitters won't allow their clients to use these heads. Maybe that should be the next poll lol

6. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    You fellas ever seen a deer get hit by a 1998 Ford Ranger? You know what happens?

$1850 worth of damage and I still ain’t happy about it all these years later.

So, you fellas keep on shooting them deer. Let’s keep the farmers and the insurance companies happy.

EdLongshanks likes this.
  7. allseasonhunter

Feb 2, 2010
    You got lucky. 2900 on an 01 ram. Deer didn't fair so well. If you can't Dodge it ram it. Lol

8. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    6FC5214E-8C3C-484B-9E14-946F68FA882D.jpeg
    Son you aren’t as smart as you want us to think. The void you speak of is a complete fallacy. The lungs go higher than the bottom of the spine. If you are below the spine you must hit lungs. Maybe you need to talk to your buddy Joe again. I’ll find some evidence for you though. Give me a minute. You can see that the spine sets low and leaves a lot of room to hit non vital over it.

Here’s a video that shows the non void.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    hunt likes this.
  9. allseasonhunter

Feb 2, 2010
    Where are the back straps located at. And what are they attached to. Spinal column. They are just under the hide at the top of a deers back. If you hit up there you are hitting the spinal column and will drop a deer in it's tracks. I promise you this guy would have had a 140 inch deer walk away not hit had he been an inch higher but somehow even though according to you it can't be done hit the deers spinal column and paralyzed it.

10. 1wildcatfan

1wildcatfan 12 pointer

Jan 2, 2009
    raised n Bullitt Co.
    But did the deer die? Direct hit or glancing blow?

EdLongshanks likes this.
  11. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    Did you watch the video? The blackstraps set on top of the ribs. The spinal column is below that. Look at the cross section picture and see how much meat is above it.

12. WildmanWilson

WildmanWilson 12 pointer

Dec 26, 2004
    Western Ky.
    I’m not doubting he killed it. However, the slug has a shockwave that can damage the spinal column without severing it. The cord that runs through the column is what drops the deer. Not the actual vertebrae.

13. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can be more like the “waddells?”

14. KY Swamp Beagler

KY Swamp Beagler 12 pointer

Feb 20, 2011
    the swamps of western KY
    No such luck, she bounced off and headed south. I got stuck with a body shop bill and no back straps to show for it.

15. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    Be honest....were you driving a rage?

BNewNKY46 likes this.