Camo Truck finish

Discussion in 'General Hunting' started by P. Beyer, Aug 29, 2003.

1. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    So I'm thinking about it. My ol' truck has seen it's better days. Bed is crushed from the 4-wheeler, side crunched from fender bender, fender hit twice by deer, mirrors broken, etc, etc, etc. I take this truck everywhere, it's scratched, dinged and dented.

Anyone done it themselves? If so how tough was it, whats needed? Any other thoughts? Stencil kits? Base color? ETC.

Thanks!

P. Beyer

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear

2. GSP

GSP 14 Pointer Staff Member

Dec 12, 2001
    Montrose
    I saw something that looked pretty good. A guy got his "huntun" truck srayed with the Rhino coat stuff.

3. Brutus Hedgeapple

Brutus Hedgeapple 10 pointer

Jul 30, 2002
    South Central Ky.
    I'm thinking about it too. I was just gonna buy many many cans of spray paint and go at it. I'm not an artist, but I think I could make it happen. Now to find the time.

BH

4. Cur Hunter

Cur Hunter Spike

Aug 9, 2003
    Concord, Ky.
    Paint the truck with the lightest color 1st, then go to the next darker color. ex. I used khaki part# 8141, Olive Drab green part# 8143, dark brown part# 8142, then black part# 8140 "Krylon" brand spray paint. You don't have to use a template just spray a camo pattern. You can have the paint mixed in automotive type paint at any "Sherman Williams" or "Martin Senour" (NAPA) automotive paint supply store. Or if you want an easier way as I do on my stands use "RustOleum" or "Krylon" brand spray paints they work great on jon boats, gun stocks, treestands, and other hunting equipment. Here's a link to their websites:
    http://www.rustoleum.com/Product.asp?ddf=17&frm_product_id=34&SBL=1 and: http://www.krylon.com/product/s_product_detail.asp?sgID=S18
    Goodluck and have fun!

5. Ky Headhunter

Ky Headhunter 8 pointer

Dec 10, 2001
    Peach Grove, Ky, USA.
    Hmm.. just bought an '84 Blazer. Tan & brown. And "rust". Sounds like some olive drab & black will put me in business!

6. MrBowhunter

MrBowhunter 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2001
    Perryopolis, PA, USA.
    Go to www.camoclad.com and they have just about anything you would want for any vehicle. I've done a few things with their stuff but haven't done my vehicle yet. It's a 98 Ford F150 supercab and doesn't have a lot of dents or rust yet but it will eventually get it.

7. P. Beyer

P. Beyer 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Ballard Co
    Thanks for the link!

"It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent"

Fred Bear