Camera for my boys.

Discussion in 'Game Trail Cameras & Camcorders' started by rockhousehunter, Nov 22, 2020.

1. rockhousehunter

rockhousehunter 10 pointer

Oct 18, 2013
    West Liberty, Ky
    We are wanting a camera to film my boys turkey hunts and deer hunts. We want a quality one but not a break the bank one. I'm talking something below, lets say $400. I'd love to be able to film one of them shooting an animal. My wife is checking reviews on Amazon and places but I told her I know exactly who to ask, they're real life guys/gals in the outdoors. Thanks all

2. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    I don’t video but these days if someone else is videoing it’s hard to beat a good cell phone unless you want to drop some serious change on a big professional camcorder. I work with teens and some of them are into videoing and most either use Tactacam or GoPros. I know one kid who deer hunts some but is a big duck hunter and fisherman and he has done some great videos himself with GoPro. I’m surprised no one has responded because I’m sure there are plenty on here into videoing hunts.

3. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
    My 13 year old does his own videos. He just bought a new camera that a lot of the popular youtubers use. Great quality and one heck of a zoom feature. It was about $400 I think. I will find out what it is.

4. Velvet ears

Velvet ears 8 pointer

Nov 6, 2013
    West KY
  5. redlickranch

redlickranch 8 pointer

Dec 11, 2007
    Bullitt County
    I bought a gopro a few years ago to film. It works good getting action in the blind, but anything at distance it sucks. GoPro doesn't zoom so getting shots of an arrow going through a deer like you see on TV is about impossible. I mostly use my cell camera.

CRFmxracer likes this.