Calipari forever

Discussion in 'Community Forum' started by muddhunter, Apr 1, 2019.

1. EC

EC 12 pointer

Jul 13, 2003
    Louisville, KY.
    How old is he?

2. 300winmag

300winmag 12 pointer

Sep 1, 2009
    Taylorsville
    I disagree slightly, I think Herro stays because he's predicted late first round and after seeing how much PJ improved his stock by coming back is just added incentive. I think Baker and Hagans absolutely stay and if anybody transfers it's your boy Richards. I've been wrong before though.

3. Nock

Nock 12 pointer

Sep 9, 2012
    butler co
    I think Herro stays as well.

4. FOWLER2671

FOWLER2671 12 pointer

Sep 11, 2009
    Evicted from Aintry'
    I don't see Cal retiring while he still can recruit top level players. If he ages and begins to loose the recruiting battles then he might start to consider it.

5. Dark Cloud

Dark Cloud 12 pointer

Aug 14, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I think PJ,Herro, and Johnson are projected in top twenty,I think they’ll go,Hagans needs to come back,I think his projections are way to high.All but Washington ,would benefit from another year,but they’re after the cash,and who can blame em for that.

6. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    May be just me.... but I don't think he's going anywhere and will coach at UK till he retires........ which may be 5 years... or 10...who knows. Being coach K at Duke is 70 and still at it.

Which Cal is at or near 60 .....head coach at a premier basketball program.....making more money than he knows what to do with and basically treated like royalty in the state. Which with this contract.... he will still be paid x-amount from UK after he retires until he kills over.

I mean...who knows what anyone will do in his situation.... but I don't see the NBA as one of his future choices.

7. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I wonder how many elite players he’ll lose to Duke before he retires?

ojibwa62 likes this.
  8. muddhunter

muddhunter 12 pointer

Oct 18, 2005
    louisville
    I think they will split with duke being up some years and UK getting the upper hand others. I hated to lose Zion to duke this year but the silver lining was that he made that aweful place less hatable.

9. EdLongshanks

EdLongshanks 12 pointer

Nov 16, 2013
    Northern Kentucky
    I think the chance of Herro staying is about 3%....maybe less. I could also see Hagans going the hami Diallo route.

10. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    I'd like to see herro stay just to hear my buddy say 'give it to 14!' Soon as he steps across half court..every.damn.time lol.
    Johnson should stay but if he's projected 1st rd he gone imo. Be mighty hard to turn down those $$

EdLongshanks and Dark Cloud like this.
  11. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    I'll also add I watch every game but don't know their backgrounds very well. I did see a pic of herro in some high dollar Mercedes SUV so he didn't appear to be lacking funds but it could of been a friends for all I know.

12. Iceman35

Iceman35 12 pointer

Oct 27, 2008
    Boone County
    I honestly could care less. I just like twisting the knife a little.:D

muddhunter, ojibwa62 and xbokilla like this.
  13. Munson

Munson 10 pointer

Dec 24, 2011
    Natural Bridge
    Since 2010
    Most ncaa wins: UK
    Most tournament wins: UK
    Most final fours: UK

All you haters might wanna stay in your own lane bro...:cool::p:D

Nock, bondhu and EdLongshanks like this.
  14. xbokilla

xbokilla 12 pointer

Jun 28, 2012
    Maybe not but he wasn’t very successful as an NBA coach and I think he’s the type of guy who’d love to prove he could do it at that level as well. I don’t think he’d consider any job but if Walton gets the axe and Magic and Bron Bron come calling and the possibility of pulling in Davis, I’d think he’d at least hear them out. Personally, I wouldn’t give up what he’s been offered but then again I can’t relate to the type of money he has. I’m sure he could probably quit tomorrow, spend frivolously, and still live easy for the rest his life.

15. Marsh CallUser

Marsh CallUser 12 pointer

May 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY

Then why do UK fans complain so much?