C.O. Ability to question you while hunting

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by jordanc57, Nov 14, 2014.

1. kyarcher

kyarcher Cyber-Hunter

Dec 12, 2001
    Garrard County, Ky
    In reality how much area can one CO do in a county? Especially a county loaded with the Amish Tribe? I'm guessing they might catch 1% of the poachers.

2. ocbowhunter

ocbowhunter 6 pointer

Apr 30, 2005
    LaGrange, KY
    "I would argue that it is every citizens right to hunt and fish far before it is their privilege to drive. "

Again. .not a right. You pay for priveleges. Rights are yours at birth. Animals you own fall under chattell law. Game animals are protected by the state.. You think driving and hunting are rights? Try pulling over and hunting between the north and southbound lanes of an interstate. See how your right do drive and hunt work out for you.

3. ky.longbeard

ky.longbeard 10 pointer

May 15, 2010
    I agree,they probably only catch a drop in the the bucket,but I certainly don't want to go back when deer and turkey were almost extinct.

4. rme hunter

rme hunter 8 pointer

Dec 1, 2006
    Breckinridge County
    I am just glad they are in my area. Check away.

5. KYBOY

KYBOY 12 pointer

Apr 21, 2005
    Floyd,co..Kentucky
    I have no problems being checked by any LEO, pretty much anytime..Im on very good terms with our local CO and several more throughout the state..I like seeing them out checking license's.
    Now that all said. CO's do have a whole lot of leeway..Having trained with a bunch of different LEO's, having a lot of friends in the LEO community I even hear troopers and other officers talking about how much leeway CO's get..I knew some DEA agents who used CO's to get into a restaurant to find drugs..The DEA could not get a warrant but knew without question what was going on..So someone "dropped a dime" on the restaurant for serving illegal wild game..CO's go in looking for game(with no need of warrant), no game but guess what? Illegal drugs;)

6. baknblack

baknblack 10 pointer

Jan 30, 2014
    Mt Washington
    No doubt we need the COs or game would be extinct.
    Does the government overstep it's bounds? You bet!
    It's not a perfect world.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

7. jtgrin2

jtgrin2 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    The government owns the animals? Then they need to start paying landowners for the food they provide to the "governments animals." If the government owns whitetail deer and those deer eat acorns from a private landowners land then the government needs to pay grazing fees to that land owner. Some peoples thinking blows my mind. The government owns wildlife. That's absurd. The main problem with America.
    i agree with backnblack. Game would be extinct if we didnt have regulations. But we the people must keep a close eye on the government. If u give them an inch they take a mile. The ability of a CO to come onto private property without a warrant and without reasonable suspicion of illegal activity is definitely in violation of the constitution.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  8. crestliner200

crestliner200 6 pointer

Sep 5, 2008
    A Hunter Hunter.
    1st-I've read about every post on this thread and I have yet to see anyone say that a CO could come on your property without reasonable suspicion. FYI I know what it takes for a CO to come on your property
    2nd- It blows my mind that an adult could not have already known some of the things that you claim to have not known before reading this thread. :confused:
    And up front I'm not trying to insult you in any way.
    Also theres alot more things in this life that are privileges, and we just think they are rights, than are printed in this thread.

9. jtgrin2

jtgrin2 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009

10. jtgrin2

jtgrin2 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    Not trying to insult me? What was the point of ur post. Obviously u havent read "just about every post" on this thread or u would know that a CO can come onto your property without a warrant or probably cause. Please go back and read the posts. I guess I'm not an adult because my opinion differs from urs.

11. jtgrin2

jtgrin2 6 pointer

Oct 14, 2009
    Since u read just about every post but apparently not this one ill show u it again since u think hunting is a privilege in kentucky: "The citizens of Kentucky have the personal right to hunt, fish, and harvest wildlife, using traditional methods, subject only to statutes enacted by the legislature, and to administrative regulations adopted by the designated state agency to promote wildlife conservation and management and to preserve the future of hunting and fishing.

"Public hunting and fishing shall be a preferred means of managing and controlling wildlife. This section shall not be construed to modify any provision of law relating to trespass, property rights, or the regulation of commercial activities."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/06/2...#storylink=cpy

12. I have already have made 3 batches.you are running behind. carry on u all

13. K9trapper

K9trapper 12 pointer

Dec 7, 2006
    Anyone can ask anyone a question. It's whether you must provide documentation upon request where the real issue is. If you want to partake in certain activities, you must follow the rules.

You have no reasonable expectation of privacy out in the woods. In your house, mobile conveyance, yes you can expect privacy. It takes probable cause for an officer to invade those places.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. JDMiller

JDMiller 12 pointer

Jun 12, 2005
    " Between the Rivers "
    Go get him tiger... bet he doesn't have a clue what CO's can do ..or all that rights and privilege stuff... LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. keith meador

keith meador Got the Spotted Fever

People complain when the CO shows up, and they complain when they don't show up. WOW. Stay safe our there!