C. A. T. S.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I hope he stays. I like him. One of my all time favs and I’m not even a die hard. Have always liked the ones who wanna go rip a head off for a board.

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county
THIS IS ON THE SECOND PAGE IN CALIPARIS BOOK. He coaches for the NBA and thats it.

My first priority isn’t the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or the university, or the legacy of the program, or the greater glory of Big Blue Nation,” he writes. “I coach for the names on the backs of the jerseys—not just the front. My players.”-John Calipari

UK fans should never forget this!

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
You talking about Oscar. Is his momma in Congo?
I would do anything to get my Momma out of that place.

Several similiar videos on YouTube about Congo showed how hard it is over there. Folks here have no idea.
I don't expect anyone to watch all of this, but 5 minutes should suffice.

DH13

12 pointer
Jan 13, 2012
Shelby county

USA TODAY Sports' men's college basketball 2021-22 All-America team, player and coach of the year​

Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY
Mon, March 21, 2022, 6:15 AM·3 min read

The men's NCAA Tournament has tipped off, with 68 teams being trimmed down to 16. But it's also awards season this March, a time to honor the best players of the entire 2021-22 season.
USA TODAY Sports unveils its 2021-22 All-American team, national player of the year and national coach of the year. Selections, made before the NCAA Tournament began, are based on a panel of USA TODAY NETWORK beat writers – Jordan Guskey (The Topeka Capital-Journal), David Thompson (Fayetteville Observer), Mike Carmin (Lafayette (Ind.) Journal and Courier), David Woods (Indianapolis Star) – and USA TODAY Sports national reporters Scott Gleeson and Eddie Timanus.
SPORTS NEWSLETTER: Sign up now for daily updates sent to your inbox
MARCH MADNESS: March Madness: Five key takeaways from men's NCAA Tournament's wild first weekend

National player of the year

Oscar Tshiebwe, Kentucky, Jr., F: The 6-9 big man was expected to make an impact on coach John Calipari's team after transferring from West Virginia, but the type of season he's put forth – averaging a double-double of 17.3 ppg and 15.3 rpg – has morphed Kentucky into a national title contender. His high motor and tenaciousness on the glass gave the Wildcats a backbone this year that's positioned them for a deep run in March.
Kentucky forward Oscar Tshiebwe (34) celebrates after an NCAA college basketball game against Florida, Saturday, March 5, 2022, in Gainesville, Fla.

Kentucky forward Oscar Tshiebwe (34) celebrates after an NCAA college basketball game against Florida, Saturday, March 5, 2022, in Gainesville, Fla.

Rest of the first team​

►Drew Timme, Gonzaga, Jr., F: The 6-9 forward didn't have quite the dominant season he did last year in the Bulldogs nearly-undefeated squad, but he's been the focal point of another team that garnered the top overall seed in the NCAA tournament. He averaged 17.8 points, 6.4 rebounds and shot 59% from the floor.
Kofi Cockburn, Illinois, Jr., C: The 7-footer's return and decision to bypass the NBA helped the Fighting Illini win a share of the Big Ten regular season title. Cockburn vastly improved from the previous season, this year averaging 21 points and 10.6 rebounds a game while shooting 60% from the field.
►Johnny Davis, Wisconsin, So., G: The breakout star of this men's college basketball season, Davis was the face of a Big Ten champion Badgers squad. The sophomore do-everything guard averaged 20 points and eight rebounds a night, blending in perfectly in coach Greg Gard's system.
Ochai Agbaji, Kansas, Sr., G: The senior guard helped carry this Jayhawks squad to a share of the Big 12 regular season title, being a steady force on both ends of the court. He averaged 19.8 points and 5.2 rebounds a game for this Final Four-caliber KU team.

Second team​

Paolo Banchero, Duke, Fr., F
Jabari Smith, Auburn, Fr., F
Keegan Murray, Iowa, So., F
Bennedict Mathurin, Arizona, So., G
Jaden Ivey, Purdue, So., G

Third team​

Chet Holmgren, Gonzaga, Fr., C
Armando Bacot, North Carolina, Jr., F
James Akinjo, Baylor, Sr., G
Johnny Juzang, UCLA, Jr., G
Collin Gillespie, Villanova, Sr., G

Coach of the year

Mike Krzyzewski, Duke: The story line feels almost too formulaic: Winningest coach in the sport going out in his final season with a coach of the year award. But the praise certainly has merit. Coach K had a talented team in 2021-22 – hardly his most talented in his 42 seasons at the helm in Durham – and turned the young and inexperienced group into a title contender. It goes to show how much emotional energy Krzyzewski could devote in his curtain-call season with associate coach Jon Scheyer manning the recruiting for the future. This team, his last team, got Krzyzewski's best. And it showed with an ACC regular season title and No. 2 seed in the NCAAs.
  • Runner-up: Ed Cooley, Providence.
  • Runner-up: Tommy Lloyd, Arizona.
Follow college basketball reporter Scott Gleeson on Twitter @ScottMGleeson
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: NCAA basketball All-America teams, coach and player of the year

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
Considering the panel who picked this team etc and COY I’m surprised Oscar received the award.

Has anybody ever heard of any of these voters? Seriously K as coach of the year is a pitiful asskissing joke IMO.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
You talking about Oscar. Is his momma in Congo?
I would do anything to get my Momma out of that place.

Several similiar videos on YouTube about Congo showed how hard it is over there. Folks here have no idea.
I don't expect anyone to watch all of this, but 5 minutes should suffice.

Yep. His mom shares a small place with like 10 people. His dad was poisoned and died when he was 12. His dad was a minister. He’s a pretty strong Christian.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
THIS IS ON THE SECOND PAGE IN CALIPARIS BOOK. He coaches for the NBA and thats it.

My first priority isn’t the Commonwealth of Kentucky, or the university, or the legacy of the program, or the greater glory of Big Blue Nation,” he writes. “I coach for the names on the backs of the jerseys—not just the front. My players.”-John Calipari

UK fans should never forget this!

Only an idiot would want their kid playing for a selfish bastard that puts the kids first.

Good luck to him, ain’t many folks down here crying. Dude gave us first .500 season in 30 years plus 2 more for a total of 3 in 7 years. 2 of the 4 good years he had Ja Morant who was recruited by current Dayton assistant James Kane, but were otherwise weak teams. He’s had exactly 2 good teams in 7 that were good seasons and didn’t include the best PG in the world. I give him 3 years before the seat gets hot in Baton Rouge.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Good luck to him, ain’t many folks down here crying. Dude gave us first .500 season in 30 years plus 2 more for a total of 3 in 7 years. 2 of the 4 good years he had Ja Morant who was recruited by current Dayton assistant James Kane, but were otherwise weak teams. He’s had exactly 2 good teams in 7 that were good seasons and didn’t include the best PG in the world. I give him 3 years before the seat gets hot in Baton Rouge.

Probably not the next Mick Cronin that’s for sure and like you said he was blessed with some talent. Heck, Will Wade went 105-51 and they fired him so probably not the easiest place to coach.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
That can't be right. Murray played in the tournament a several times before Ja. They didn't have winning records during those years?

Latest posts