Bushwhackin' the Bushytails.....

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by Buk Bust'r, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Buk Bust'r

Buk Bust'r 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2005
    Russell Springs, KY
    Started the new year off with a late season squirrel hunt this mornin. Fabbed a rest/video set-up to record a few hunts and it worked out pretty good all-in-all. Managed to thump five with the 'Tender running a TC 10" Match with Federal Auto Match ammo. Got four of the five on video. Was a hoot, but those guys on TV make it look a lot easier!

Here's a link to the video from the hunt. I am a member of another forum (Specialty Pistol Forums) and that's my user handle from that site. Hope you enjoy the video folks, was a blast to make it!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?featur...i=/watch?v=0unBCW0tQ-I&feature=em-subs_digest

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  2. The Lawn Man

The Lawn Man 6 pointer

Dec 7, 2011
    Ky
    Challenging

but funn

good job

3. KYBH4Life

KYBH4Life Banned

Feb 13, 2011
    Looks like you made some good head shots too. That camera outfit looks big and bulky though. I have considered going after the tree rats but bunny hunting has been the thing so far. I may go yet

4. deadaim

deadaim 12 pointer

Dec 12, 2001
    Booger Hollar
    Man we were covered up with them in november. I went up last week and hunted a whole afternoon and never saw the first one........frustrating.

5. Buk Bust'r

Buk Bust'r 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2005
    Russell Springs, KY
    Yep, majority were nugget thumped. The tripod outfit is rather light and portable itself. Tripod and mount are aluminum and not that bulky. Allows you to shoot sitting, kneeling or standing and gives you a solid rest to boot.

6. Buk Bust'r

Buk Bust'r 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2005
    Russell Springs, KY
    Got a link posted for the video in the original post for everyone.

7. DUCKY41051

DUCKY41051 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2008
    The link just takes you to the youtube home page

8. Buk Bust'r

Buk Bust'r 6 pointer

Aug 16, 2005
    Russell Springs, KY
    Ducky, think the link is fixed now.

9. DUCKY41051

DUCKY41051 6 pointer

Jul 22, 2008
    Cool= that rocks, i used to use a ruger mk 2 bull barrel, when my eyes were better than they are now. Good shootin.